Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the actual board that the four wires are grounded to is broken between the headlight setting and the start setting on my bike.

is there a way to replace just this item or do I have to order an entire handlebar switch assembly?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think it's only available as the whole assembly, but for the break you describe I would try a drop of super glue as long as the electrical part is undamaged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My solution was to solder the headlight wires together on the switch.

So far so good.

I lose the ability to have the headlights shut be off when starting.

I have the Eastern beaver relay setup with the switching(uninstalled).

After that I should be good.

I'll post more if I have problems

Not great pics but should convey the concept.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Does the fix you did have any effect on the hi beam/lo beam switching? I'm guessing not as that switch is on the other side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope everything's works exactly the way it did before

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
The EB set up is good. I got the extra cut off switch for one headlight too. And I installed LED's, cheap'os from China that are nice and white bright.
That gives a bit of power available for other toys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the EB set up to I just haven't installed it yet but still doesn't fix the actual wearing out problem with the starter board.

Does it give you a number of switching options you didn't have before though.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Have you looked at easternbeaver.com. I'm not affiliated with the site, but a student of mine pointed me to it after my starter button broke for the second time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi guys i have lost headlights again tonight usual issue with the starter switch. Is it best to replace the starter switch unit to cure this issue and also i have read about the eastern beaver kits are these straight forward plug in or do they require actually wiring into the original wiring loom. Also does the h4 kit stop the starter switch from keep playing up with the lights?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts