StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else using the Starcom bike to bike intercom? If so, what 2way radios are you using?

I am using the Uniden frs and they just are not loud enough. I am trying to find a radio that is louder.

Thanks

Todd

·
Registered
202 Posts
Any one else using the Starcom bike to bike intercom? If so, what 2way radios are you using?

I am using the Uniden frs and they just are not loud enough. I am trying to find a radio that is louder.

Thanks

Todd
Any FRS radio should work ok. When you say the Uniden isn't loud enough, I'm not sure I understand. If you're running it through a Starcom and have the correct wiring, almost anything should be loud enough to blow out your eardrums, even with earplugs in. The starcom unit puts out a LOT of volume.

I'd suggest re-checking all your pre-amp and volume settings on the starcom as well as double-checking your wiring. Your setup should work fine if it's set up correctly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been looking into the same thing to hook into my starcom digital. From my own research the kenwood tk-3101 and tk-3130 look like the best bet. Starcom also sells a DC power adapter for them so you dont have to worry about battery life or hooking up an alternative power adapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starcom Advance

Don,

I checked all the wiring and it seems Ok. The weird part is that the passenger to driver intercom works perfectly. It has plenty of volume but when I transmit or receive using the 2 way it is not loud like the intercom volume. The only adjustment for the 2 way volume is the two way radio itself. Any suggestions would be great.

Todd

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts

Yeah, some FRS radios have low audio. Motorola is okay, but if you can change the input sensitivity on the Starcom, that'd be a cheaper option.

·
Registered
56 Posts
StarCom

I just finished installing the StarCom 1 on my K3. I'm still fiddling with cables and such but I used in on my prior bike with a Midland handheld CB and it worked beautifully.

·
Registered
5 Posts
motorola 75-822

I'm using a Motorola 75-822 with my new Starcom Advance System. Radio works great until I connect it to the Starcom - then it just squeals when you engage the PTT. Google finds several others with the same problem but I'm still looking for a solution. Using the suggested CAB connector. Separate power source for the radio does not help...Starcom Co. doesn't help...
:headbang:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts