StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my pipe yesterday from Pipecity for $395 and I paid shipping. They were great to work with and very helpfull. Kyle or Ron are the guys I worked with and I would do business with them again.

Anyway, The pipe is great. Went on with no surprises and looks and sounds incredible.
I went without the baffle as I am used to a loud bike. Even without the baffle, it is not too loud. Nice tone, very deep. The bike really seems to have a stronger midrange and revs more free. I am really happy with it.

Thanks to previous Staintune owners who posted such high praise for this pipe. Your posts sold me and I am glad I did.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jccc said:
Looks great in the chrome finish,what type of mirrors are you using?
KTM Duke mirrors, Check the Napoleon mirror thread for more pics and info.

The mirrors and KTM adapters are about $70 otd. They look great and are a little wider with better field of vision than stockers.

O

·
0 Posts
bert said:
Very nice! can you get them in black?
No, but you can get this one in black. I'm putting it on today..... :D

Cheers, Doug

PS The Staintune looks very nice; I wanted black.

J

·
0 Posts
SpeedStar said:
RubberDown said:
The bike looks great SpeedStar! :D Where'd you get the clear signals? 8)
I got them from Custom Dynamics, model cts-0009, $13.49 a pair.

here is the link:
http://www.customdynamics.com/Suzuki_motorcycle_clear_tail_light_lens.htm

Looks a lot better without the amber.
Nice! Anyone know where to get a clear tail light? Also, did you get the chrome coated amber bulbs? There are 2 models but I can't tell the difference between the 2.

J

·
0 Posts
I found my answer in the FAQ section of that site:
The two most common types of bulbs are 1156 and 1157. 1156 are single intensity and have one "bump" on the bottom of the bulb. 1157 are dual intensity and have two "bumps" on the bottom of the bulb. 1156 are typically used for rear turns. 1157 are typically used for front turns/running lights and tail/brake lights.

Both front and back of the 650 are the 1156 variety. My clear lens for the brakelight question still stands :D

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried the Sylvania silverstar amber bulbs that look blue when not lit.
I have them on my Warrior and they look sweet on it. However on my blue K5 they looked a little too disco so I switched them out with regular amber bulbs.

They don't really stand out that much because our lights don't have reflectors behind the bulb.

I don't think anyone makes a clear tailight for our bikes yet, but when they do...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can vouch for the sound of the Staintune pipes. I was following Speedstar for most of our ride last Saturday and those things sound Suh-weet. Not overly loud but a nice gutteral growl to them. I think I just saw the price of my bike increase :roll:

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
USMC V-STROMMER said:
I can vouch for the sound of the Staintune pipes. I was following Speedstar for most of our ride last Saturday and those things sound Suh-weet. Not overly loud but a nice gutteral growl to them. I think I just saw the price of my bike increase :roll:
Thanks Steve, as for the cost, what price can we put on our happiness?

The wife will understand, as it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. 8)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just installed my Staintune. Took Speed's advice and went for it - man am I one happy guy. This thing rocks. Sounds perfect, not too loud - just nice and deep ( as deep as a 650 could be ) and it looks soooo nice. I had to really think through cutting the pipe, which was my main issue - but there is no reason to ever look back. This pipe will be on here for the next couple of decades 'cause it's perfect for the bike. Thanks you guys for the recommendations and encouragement - I've been given good advice and I'd like to pass it on !!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks !!! There's no way you guys would mislead me. And I continue to be happier each ride - there is some nice carbon tracing forming on the insides of the pipe which is providing a deeper and more mellow sound. Very rich and sexy tones. For some reason, my lunch hour has gotten longer each day since installing this pipe :D :D

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know what you mean, now all of a sudden Honey I'm gonna ride the bike over to the post office takes two and a half hours. :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts