StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some side bags for longer trips on my DL650. My bike came with a Staintune exhaust, courtesy of the previous owner, and I'm wondering if I can fit the side bag rack (Givi PL532) considering position of the pipe. It seems to stick out farther to the right than the stock exhaust. Has anyone successfully fitted the PL532 (or another side rack) to a DL650 with Staintune?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the s-tune and Givi, and I have no issues. I can post pics if you like.
If you could post pics that would be great.

I believe I need 21.5" width from left to right side of the rack to clear the pipe, does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
No fitment issues at all. I could even get my hand in there nicely to wipe the pipe down.
Here's some pics from my 2006 DL650. The ammo cans were mounted on Givi PL532 racks. I then got rid of the Ammo cans and started using the E41 cases.

Hope these help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno about Givis but I have a Staintune and DirtBagz soft bags on mine. Do you want any dimensions (widthwise) from that?
If you have a photo or dimensions that would be great.

My concern about soft bags would be melting due to contact with the pipe - no heat shield with Staintune installed. But I see from the dirtbagz site that they use mounting brackets - I assume it stays off the pipe enough?

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
If you have a photo or dimensions that would be great.

My concern about soft bags would be melting due to contact with the pipe - no heat shield with Staintune installed. But I see from the dirtbagz site that they use mounting brackets - I assume it stays off the pipe enough?
Yes they are well clear.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. I'll try to do some others tomorrow. I had to cover the (reflective) numberplate as there was too much bounced back light from the flash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they are well clear.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. I'll try to do some others tomorrow.
Thanks, those pics are just fine - I see that the bracket sits well out from the pipe. I also like how the straps run under the seat, that would make it more comfortable for my pillion.

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
I'll take the bags off today and take some pix of the frames.

The bags are restrained by clips which you can see go down to the loops near the footpegs.

I originally had the straps over the seat but decided to try under. That reduces the chances of them being removed by "unauthorised persons". :D

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
A few pix in daylight.

The width across the bike frame to frame is 510mm (20").

1 - 12 of 12 Posts