StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let the St. Louis people know that our group ( not all Strom riders ) have a Bike Night at the Sonic Drive In on the corner of Kirkwood Road ( Lindbergh ) and Big Bend Road.
It is right across the street from Doc's Harley Davidson starting at about 6:30 pm every wednesday night.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for bike night

Jim,

Pleasure meeting you and the wife. Please keep me posted on info and hope to meet up with you again down the road.

Brett

·
Registered
25 Posts
Deng it... I forgot about the meeting. It is only about 30 minutes away, and I got tied up doing other things last night. I will try and make the next one, weather permitting...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawn,
Hope you can make it this Wednesday.

Looks to be great weather.

We just started this Bike Night about mid summer. Started with about 3 to 5 bikes and now is about 14 to 16 bikes and grows a bit each week.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alton/Grafton Area

Any of you ride up north along the River Road area?
If so, I'd be interested in any rides planned in that area.
Will be beautiful in a few weeks when the leaves start turning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IRideNRun,
We sometimes do get up that way and when we do I will send you a pm to let you know.
Last week we rode the Levee road from Columbia Il. south. It was is mostly a gravel road on top of the levee and just runs for miles along the river. You can ride it all the way south past Cape Girardeau, MO.
If you would like to join us on rides like this let me know and I can in turn let you know.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Udhawg,
I'm not so sure I'm ready for the off road adventures yet. But it does sound like great fun and I can't believe how far the road goes.
I bought my bike this spring and still getting comfortable with it on flat pavement. :)
My Harley friend that I ride with talked me into signing up for the Bikers for Babies March of Dimes ride next weekend in St. Louis. I imagine I'll be the only one on a Wee there.
Keep me posted if any rides are planned around the Alton/Brussels area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
IRideNRun -- you are welcome to ride with us anytime. And, the gravel roads we road along the levee are not bad at all, even for someone like you who may not be quite as comfortable off the pavement. I am sure we will have some autumn rides coming up. We will keep you posted.

Just bring some tire plugs... Udhawg tends to lead us places where tires get punctured... :devil_16:

·
Registered
1 Posts
moto theme

the Sonic you guys are meeting at is only 10minutes from me(depending on coal trains). I'll try to come next weds,if you are still there.
On another note have you checked out the new motorcycle themed restuarant that just opened at olive and lindel (St.Louis U).the Triumph Grille has a Tuesday bike night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A JOURNEYMAN,
Come on up and see us! We are still there on Wednesday nights any time after about 6:00 pm.
This last Wednesday (10/22) we had a blast!

Did see about the new Triumph Grille, it is next to or near the Moto Museum

Udhawg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bike night is on hold right now due to the weather. As soon as it warms up they will start up again.
I like to do allot of gravel and 2 track trail on my Vee, there are a couple of Vee's and about 4 or more Wee's in the group. Some do only pavement but there is also some DR's and KLR's that will do more off road.
I do most of my off road riding around the Potosi area and south. I will post more when the Bike Nights start up again or you can check out our site The Gateway Rockers at http://gatewayrockers.com/cs/

You can get more information on our rides with some pics as well.

See ya there!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Meet up in Ofallon IL tonight

For those that are still riding, some stl riders are meeting up at the 17th street bbq in Ofallon IL tonight around 630. Of course this may just be the more hard core adv set...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts