StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my way to Vegas to see my family off, want to do a tent over nighter in the St. George area. I'll be there come May 4th and 5th, evenings, don't feel like staying in vegas.

Where's a good spot to put my tent up??

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
St George is southern Utah, about 110 miles north of Las Vegas on hwy15. I booked 2 nights at Quail creek state park.
Thanks for the link Downs :thumbup:

notacop - panguitch is a bit too far north for me this trip, I want to be close to las vegas, yet far enough away, (personal:mrgreen:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
St George is southern Utah, about 110 miles north of Las Vegas on hwy15. I booked 2 nights at Quail creek state park.
Thanks for the link Downs :thumbup:

notacop - panguitch is a bit too far north for me this trip, I want to be close to las vegas, yet far enough away, (personal:mrgreen:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Is Quail Creek the one about 8 miles north of St George? That's a nice area!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've found that tent camping is more fun and habitable if you pitch it in a hotel room in Vegas, especially above the 25th floor... Push the beds together by the window and you can put up a two man tent, and still see out the window and pretend you are on a cliff overlooking a bunch of grounded UFOs! Order room service and have them bring it right to the tent door... If you "camp nude" then you might end up on YouTube from one of the peeping toms in the hotel across the way... enjoy...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I've found that tent camping is more fun and habitable if you pitch it in a hotel room in Vegas, especially above the 25th floor... Push the beds together by the window and you can put up a two man tent, and still see out the window and pretend you are on a cliff overlooking a bunch of grounded UFOs! Order room service and have them bring it right to the tent door... If you "camp nude" then you might end up on YouTube from one of the peeping toms in the hotel across the way... enjoy...
Also...its best to have a smokeless fire. DAMHIK... :beatnik:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I see you know the rules of Vegas :thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
Try Nevada?

When I pass thru that area I like to camp at Kershaw-Ryan SP just south of Caliente, NV. Probably too far for you but was built in 2009. I got there right after it opened by chance in 09 had the first fire in one of the pits.
Kershaw-Ryan State Park | Nevada State Parks

gene

1 - 10 of 10 Posts