StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trip to St Augustine is still on We will be at the KOA in St Augustine on Sunday. Dec 26. On the way up we have an RTE set up for The Dam Diner,east of Ocklawaha for 11:30 Am. Its a ride your own ride to Moss Bluff. Will make plans at the diner for the rest of the trip. Curt

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
In for the first half!

I shall see you at the Dam Diner at 11:30 on Sunday December 26,
and I expect we will all have a Dam fine lunch!

As I have an appointment at noon Tuesday,
I will say good bye to you after lunch on Monday,
and wend my way back to Sarasota.

I hope to sleep in the cabin, but I'll be prepared for a night under canvas.
I will NOT bring a microwave oven this time!

Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sounds like a Good Time. I willl meet you for the RTE at the Dam Diner. I have to work on Monday, as I took all the time I had plus some for that family emergency 2 weeks ago.

Now Curt, make sure you make your own RTE this time...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keys trip help

Maybe you guys have some tips, we start from Pensacola heading 98 on the west side down and through the Everglades to Key West and back up the east side on the return trip first week of January.

We have hotels in Key West but want to camp some along the way with a few hotels mixed in, looking for suggestions on camp sites especially in central and south Florida and rooms all on a budget without bed bugs!

Also while we want to back road much as possible time is still a factor since we all have jobs at least at the moment so what areas should we avoid from a traffic standpoint?

Thanks for your help! :hurray:

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
This thread already has a subject.

Maybe you guys have some tips ...
Well, here is a tip you can use right away.

Please start a new thread for your topic,
because we are trying to plan a trip, and time is short.
We don't need messages that do not pertain to our topic.

Furthermore, the topic of a thread stands out,
and will direct all readers of the Florida Troopers
segment to your issue.

Have a dandy ride, and come again and ride with us when you can;
Alabama is a fine state, with some splendid attractions for us all.
Keith

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll be thinking abut you guys when I roll out of the sack at about 10:00 AM Sunday and reach for some left over egg nog.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'll be thinking abut you guys when I roll out of the sack at about 10:00 AM Sunday and reach for some left over egg nog.

Why bother with egg nog at home when you can be in the company of great friends?

Your going to pass up the Dam Diner for egg nog?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well, if you must know...You guys are great company for sure, and I love motorcycling, but I have my priorities.

The lady friend who is visiting for the Christmas weekend trumps all of the above. The Wee is just going to have to fend for itself alone in the garage.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Cold weather, yes. Cold feet, maybe?

I do not know if my old bones will enjoy such long rides in the chilly weather we expect the day of the ride. I will set out in plenty of time to reach the Dam Diner to join you for lunch, but I may choose to turn around and go home and do warmer things.

I have the gear, but I am not sure I have the stamina. If you do not see me by 11:45, then I am sad to say you will not see me at all. In any event, I hope all participants enjoy the meeting and the expedition.

Merry Christmas, y'all, in whatever way you choose to celebrate it.
Keith

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was hoping to make it all the way up to the last minute, but in the end family won out. It had nothing to do with the fact it was very very cold this morning.lol.
Actually I was looking forward to practicing my cold weather riding and camping skills. I assume you all got in allot of good practice.
Happy trails, and Mary Christmas.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had some stuff come up that was much more important, or I would have joined you guys for lunch. After all, its only 12 miles from my house! I was not planning on riding anywhere but back home, the weather was nasty!:yikes:

You guys keep warm, and post some pics from the trip!

·
Registered
776 Posts
It was an outstanding ride. Yes a little chill was in the air, but it was well worth going to the dam diner and meeting with the die hard riders... you know who you are. Also got a chance to meet up with my daughter.

Hope you guys are having fun at the campground. I am at work Monday, it has to be better than being here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts