StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo,

I'm new to this forum, and after searching for an answer to something else related to the V-strom. I found this place :thumbup:.

I was fiddling with the clutch cable as I had earlier done something to it that the biting point was more or less on where you let the clutch goes.

I found the answer how to sort that, and if it's not perfect, it better than it was.

When I was finished I tried to test where the new biting point was, and when I revved the engine, at a certain point I heard a nasty load squicking noise.

I turned off the engine, and tried turning the back wheel manually.

The noise was still there, but only when moving the wheel forwards, and stranger still, only when the valve you fill the wheel with air is at it's highest point. Every where else it was quiet.

Anyone knows what this could be?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The ol' put a mouse in while fitting the tyre trick:bom_goofy:
You'll have to remove the tyre. Be careful not to let the mouse out.
Find a cat, put it in the tyre and remount.:thumbup:

This will solve the mouse problem.

Unfortunately, it only starts with the mouse as the problem becomes perpetual.:mod2_taz:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I do not know why it would squeak with the motor running?

But, if the wheel squeaks at the same position every time I would look and see if the brake rotor is not bent and the disc is hitting the brake pads causing it? Or the wheel is bent and hitting soemthing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know why it would squeak with the motor running?

But, if the wheel squeaks at the same position every time I would look and see if the brake rotor is not bent and the disc is hitting the brake pads causing it? Or the wheel is bent and hitting soemthing?
It probably is something like this.

I've tried to look into it further, and now it was mostley gone.

I think it may be hitting the brake pads or something bvecause it seems worse when I've just used the back break.

I'm a bit uncertain if it's safe to use, it probably is. But I need to call a mechanic tomorrow to hear what they have to say about it.

My mechanical skills are lacking so I feel it's safer to use professionals to find out what it is.

Just hope it isn't anything expensive.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Well if it was a car I'd say turn up the radio so

earplugs?

Seriously take a short ride withour using the rear brake. See if the rotor is getting hot which would mean something is dragging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do that then.

Once the snow has smelted that is :headbang:
I've now taken a short trip without using the rear brakes, and felt around the brake disc area, and nothing is particularly warm.

I've finally gotten that I've used the wrong word to describe the problem.

I am actually wearing earplugs when driving, and I can't hear the noise at all when driving.

It's only when moving the wheel by hand, or when having the rear wheel run free that I can hear it.

I will contact a mechanic and have them look at it, because it's not supposed to make that noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts