StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal to have random sounds emanate from this bike? Are there any known places to check for on the Vee that make noise?

· Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,932 Posts
Is this normal to have random sounds emanate from this bike? Are there any known places to check for on the Vee that make noise?
No, it is not normal to have random sounds..... It is normal to have constant, numerous, and for the most part totally harmless noises:biggrinjester:.

If you don't have a lot of time on the Vee you will at first think it makes too much engine/drivetrain noise. Once you get used to it, and hear from others that all those clacks, bangs, whirs, and other assorted sounds are typical, you will no longer be concerned!

· Registered
360 Posts
Yep...as Shelby says, assorted noises are normal for the Vee. It's a much noisier engine mechanically than the Wee. That's how it should be so don't worry!

· Registered
1,562 Posts
if you drive fast enough, you don't hear any noises from the engine. just the exhaust and the wind....

P.

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you drive fast enough, you don't hear any noises from the engine. just the exhaust and the wind....

P.
So damn true.

The worst part is that I don't want to have to drive like a hooligan to make me not think about the noises. But I HAVE to otherwise they drive me insane. I feel like this is an old F-150 that has been run hard it's whole life. Yeah, it makes a hell of a lot of racket, but it just keeps going and going and doesn't care about the squeeks and rattles.

I guess my Yammies have been just more "refined" than this Zuke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.