Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings -- I have the AdvTech CREE running lights and the EB H4 relay with Hi Beam Cut Adaptor. I also have the EB SPST toggle and the EB DPST toggle. I got the DPST toggle just in case I wanted to get fancy, but I'll save that for another day. QUESTION: can I use the DPST toggle with 4 tabs as if it was an SPST toggle with 2 tabs? If so, please let me know which wire i should assign to which tab in the attached EB image. Regards

Extras

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The answer is yes, and you would put power to either of the inputs, with the corresponding output to the lights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AdvTech 12 O'clock lights & EB BackoffXP brake adaptor

Rob - Thanks for the good news regarding the switches. Stromtroopers like you are a major reason i bought the 2015 DL650xt. My next question is worthy of a final jeopardy prize.

I have the AdvTech 12 o'clock labs running lights. I also have the EB Version 2 Vstrom Brake/tail/signal adaptor. I wonder if I can use EB signal light wires to simplify the install for the 12 o'clock labs running lights. Neither AdvTech nor EB could answer this question, although I know they've discussed it and these 2 widgets are begging to interface.

Running Light Adaptors for Turn Signals - AdventureTech, LLC.

Extras

Peace.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BackoffXP & 12 o'clock labs running lights

to be more clear. i want to use the EB BackoffXP wires designated for auxiliary signal lights -- to make it easier to connect the 12 o'clock labs to my existing signal lights. I dont plan to install auxiliary signal lights. i just want to take full advantage of the EB harness. i predict the 12 o'clock running lights will be a hit, especially if the install becomes easier. Also, it'd be sweet if the signal lights could double as brake lights...as sighted on a moto recently. Not sure if moto's signal lights (converted to auxiliary brake lights) also continued to function as signal lights. I tried to catch up to check that out, but the moto disappeared.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
You can likely do something along the lines of what you're wanting, but I'll have to wait for later in the day to look at those more closely.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Looks to me like you can use the white wire from the EB harness connected to the red wires from the RLA. This will power the RLA only when you turn the key on.

And then it also looks like you could take the yellow (left) and blue (right) wires from the EB harness and connect them to the appropriate inputs on the RLA. Potential for wire color confusion there, for sure, and then it looks like you lose the ability to use the stock connectors on the bike to plug in to the RLA, so I think if it were me I would just use the white wire from the EB harness as mentioned above, and connect the rest according to the RLA instructions.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you enumclaw. good to know i can use at least one of the EB wires for the 12 o'clock labs install. also, thanks for explaining the possibilities for the yellow and blue wires and your recommendation against going that route.

EB also got back to me regarding substituting a dpst for an spst switche, but his response was geeky. he discussed the limitations of dpst vs spots for an equivalent application. i just wanted a yes or no answer. anyway, that question is well covered now. happy trails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts