StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 2013 glee has passed 64000 miles and I figure its time I treated it to a new drivetrain. Yup, I'm still on my original sprockets and quite frankly they look like new but Ima do it anyways.

Looking online, most places advertise kits up to 2012 but very few for later models. I always thought the wee's and glee's had exactly the same drivetrain and chain length - is that true?

I'm also looking at tapered head bearings and the same issue is happening - everything stops at 2012....

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference is between a wee and glee, but Denniskirk.Com has chain and sprocket kits for reasonable prices. I recommend RK brand, I have used them on other bikes and they are long lasting.
For best results chain and sprockets should always be replaced as a set.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
2007-2016 uses the same chains and sprockets.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
64K on one set of sprockets? Same chain? Holeey crap..........
No 3 or 4 chains, same sprockets. She still has the oem sprockets and they look fine (well the rear one does) but I'm going to change them all next round.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Even so, that's amazing. I put a new 14T front sprocket on at about 6K miles, it was visibly hooked at 20K, so done in a total of 14K miles. I've been lubing almost every tank full.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts