StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . When I change the rear tire of my wee ( a 2010 abs model with 12000 km ) for the first time last summer I take picture ( here 5 attach) of those suspicious cracks from the rear sproket carrier - both side . I told that to my Suz dealer cause i bought the bike brand new there and the service man even send the pics to Suz canada . Answer was that everything is normal ! The aluminium casting is supose to be like that....full of cracks ! Can someone who ever change imself his rear tire could tell me if it's normal or not . In the aero industry a piece like that go directly to scrap...and me , I simply don't want to fly courtesy of a rear lock wheel . Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
I'd say some rumpling in the casting might be normal but that doesn't look right. Makes me want to run out and look at mine rear end...NOT!
I've seen pot metal castings of 85 year old car parts look like that.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I was concerned when I first saw the same marks on my 2007 sprocket carrier. I still am concerned. But, my carrier has spun 100,000 miles since I bought the bike. If you bought another sprocket carrier, to replace this one, it will look exactly the same.

B.L.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
My K6 looked similar , but when I cleaned it they were just surface ripples in the castings. Those do look a lot more like a real problem.

It isn't quite as bad as a plane, I've never heard of one failing from anything other than bearing collapse.

Keep the pictures , get them signed and dated, keep the correspondence and if there's a problem let your insurance company deal with Suzuki.

Pete

·
Administrator
17,215 Posts
Mine was the same, the engine case also had similar markings as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you all for reassuring me . I will keep and date my pics . Now I've just have to wait the 15 of march before roll out the Wee from hibernation . Stupid snow tire law here in Québec .

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts