StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was riding to work monday and was delighted to see a black or dark blue 1K vstrom turn at an intersection. could not get their attention. anybody have one and live or work in the ozarks? jon

C

·
0 Posts
Wish I was me Jon......Silver 06 DL650 ordered. Should be here early next month. I'm in Mountain View MO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
copterdr, did you get flooded on the square in mtn. view wed. nite?

C

·
0 Posts
Oh Buddy........started to put on scuba gear to go check the post office.
Yes Sir......we're still getting wet here.
Sure can't wait for some dry stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
springfield, mo

yes brentr81, i believe i am riding your yellow strom. how's the new beemer? i'm loving the bike. done some alterations, recovered seat and reshaped it, new mpcylcle windshield, tall and sporty, heated grips, satellite radio. i've put 11,000 + miles on it in the 13 mos. i've had it. jon

·
Registered
90 Posts
anyone

so is anyone still around Springfield? Looking for people to ride with that have Stroms.....let me know (IM; e-mail; smoke signals; telegraph; or even maybe a flare!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
so is anyone still around Springfield? Looking for people to ride with that have Stroms.....let me know (IM; e-mail; smoke signals; telegraph; or even maybe a flare!)
I'm in Diamond, just southeast of Joplin.

·
Registered
90 Posts
where you ride

So where you like to ride? Diamond is a good ride away from me. was down at Table Rock last weekend without the bike...looked like a lot of good rides down there for sure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm at Table Rock, little town called Cape Fair, near Reeds Spring. Just got an '07 wee yesterday. I'm a young guy, 24. I'll be out exploring this area on my new bike soon!

Let me know if anyone would like to get together to ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lets get together

I'm at Table Rock, little town called Cape Fair, near Reeds Spring. Just got an '07 wee yesterday. I'm a young guy, 24. I'll be out exploring this area on my new bike soon!

Let me know if anyone would like to get together to ride.
I am down...let me know when you want to ride..I love my wee!!!!

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Well, I just HAD to jump in here. 31 years ago yesterday I packed up my car and left Ohio for California. 31 years ago RIGHT NOW, I was checking into the Holiday Inn in.....you guessed it, Springfield, Missouri. How weird is that? OK, I'll go away now.

Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds great aimpoint! I think we'd look pretty cool with our matching blue bikes. I haven't yet got my bike outfitted yet... I loved to see some of your farkles... perhaps I'll be inspired to get some of the same for mine :)

I'm self employeed and pretty flexible. What your work schedule like?

It's looking beautiful down here around the lake. Took some shots of me and my bike yesterday. Look at the fall colors!

·
Registered
90 Posts
ride

well I am not quite as flexible as you are...I am military, but will be off Friday to Monday with a round of golf on Sunday....

Let me know if you want to ride...I got a pretty gool route out here or we can meet somewhere in the middle and kick it from there.

e-mail me at [email protected] or if you yahoo just IM me..I am on most evenings.

By the way your bike is WAY to clean...need to get you on some gravel and dirt...:-D

Anyone else in the area...lets get a group and ride!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Grr... this weekend seems to be stacking up against me. I would love to. And looking at the weather this is going to be a perfect week for it too. Perhaps Monday? I'll let you know.

I'd love to see your rout! There's a lot of this area I've yet to explore.

And yeah, anyone else in the area is welcome to come along!

·
Registered
90 Posts
possibly

Well possibly on Monday, but there is a chance for some rain...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Jawa

So, Aimpoint, this 350 Jawa you had in Iraq. What was it like? Old or recent vintage? Reason I ask is I had one in '78 with a Velorex sidecar and had a ton of fun with it. Is the Jawa a common bike over there? What other kinds of ride are common over there and how come it was confiscated?

·
Registered
90 Posts
This bike was nearly brand new. The Jawa is the most common bike in the Fallujah area anyway, I can not speak fr the rest of the country, but would venture to guess that it is the most common bike.As for the reason it was confiscated....lets put it this way, the three people that were on the bike (yes I said three) were doing "bad" stuff with thing that go boom and no longer needed the bike. The bike was the prefered transportation of former Republican Guard soldiers in the area to carry out attacks on our forces.

So, Aimpoint, this 350 Jawa you had in Iraq. What was it like? Old or recent vintage? Reason I ask is I had one in '78 with a Velorex sidecar and had a ton of fun with it. Is the Jawa a common bike over there? What other kinds of ride are common over there and how come it was confiscated?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts