StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it sure feels good to be out riding ,rode yesterday & today only 500km but its a start .Heated gear sure is nice.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Damn!! Wish I'd taken more advantage of the weather when we had it. Did some shorter rides for errands and such, nothing major.

Now, the next week + out is cold, rainy crap...:frown2:

At least we're headed in the right direction! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Spring makes a sloppy package.

I have been wrapping up bits of spring in sunshine, and shipping it
north as fast as I can. I think that the warm parts are spilling out in
the middle States, and you are getting only the chilly and wet parts.

Is it too soon to talk about the Spring Ride?

I sure hope I can bring you some oranges this year.
It will be an extra challenge, because my Wee-Strom has been
wintering with an Ontario friend, so I will need to haul myself
and my stuff on my one-cylinder Honda. Its windshield was made
from a Dixie cup, & provides little protection from weather & wind.

I am glad you have had an active winter, Juan. I try to emulate your
style in the curves, but I am not a very good student. Obviously, I
need more practice.

Stay warm, Y'all!
Keith

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have been wrapping up bits of spring in sunshine, and shipping it
north as fast as I can. I think that the warm parts are spilling out in
the middle States, and you are getting only the chilly and wet parts.

Is it too soon to talk about the Spring Ride?

I sure hope I can bring you some oranges this year.
It will be an extra challenge, because my Wee-Strom has been
wintering with an Ontario friend, so I will need to haul myself
and my stuff on my one-cylinder Honda. Its windshield was made
from a Dixie cup, & provides little protection from weather & wind.

I am glad you have had an active winter, Juan. I try to emulate your
style in the curves, but I am not a very good student. Obviously, I
need more practice.

Stay warm, Y'all!
Keith
Hi Keith,

It's never to early to talk about the spring ride. I would suggest that since last year it coincided with the Romney event, that this year it be on a different weekend, especially so that any of the Foreign Legion who head to Romney can also come to this. Romney is from April 29-May1st.
We also have the Bancroft lunch ride on April 10, so I might suggest that the Spring Ride is the weekend after Romney, on Saturday May 7. Normally we do this on a Sunday I think, but the Sunday May 8th is Mothers Day and I think many others may have problems with that date too. I hope Tom and others aren't working on the Saturday!

Do you or anyone else have any other suggested dates?

I will know my work schedule in a few more weeks. If I am free I would be happy to lead it again, or sweep or whatever and help with route planning. We can use the same route as last year, or do something different up while still hitting up the nice rest spots.

Oh and emulate me.at your peril... last year I didn't drop my bike so it was a rare year:)
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Juan, I was driving a van and enjoying the lovely Florida weather, and WHAM,
spring (my 75th, but who is counting?) hit me where I live, which is where I ride,
and I realized I will make the Ontario Spring Ride this year, no matter bloody what!

My little Honda CBR-250 can certainly carry a sack of oranges, so you can count on those.
If anybody has a special request from Harbor Freight, please specify what is needed.
I will bring some voltmeters, chargers, spaghetti, and other dinky doodads just for fun.

Hey ... if this country becomes a truly ugly place after our election, will you let me back?

Keith

·
Registered
518 Posts
Juan, I was driving a van and enjoying the lovely Florida weather, and WHAM,
spring (my 75th, but who is counting?) hit me where I live, which is where I ride,
and I realized I will make the Ontario Spring Ride this year, no matter bloody what!

My little Honda CBR-250 can certainly carry a sack of oranges, so you can count on those.
If anybody has a special request from Harbor Freight, please specify what is needed.
I will bring some voltmeters, chargers, spaghetti, and other dinky doodads just for fun.

Hey ... if this country becomes a truly ugly place after our election, will you let me back?

Keith
Of course we would, but it might be a very long line-up at the border.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I hope that somebody starts a new thread dedicated to the 2016 Spring Ride.
The sooner its date is decided, the sooner I can make or change plans,
and the more likely it becomes that I can attend and bring you some oranges.
My CBR-250 has visited Maine and Ontario, but it was carried to those places
and briefly ridden there, then hauled home. I look forward to riding it over
some borders.

Keith

·
Registered
708 Posts
I hope that somebody starts a new thread dedicated to the 2016 Spring Ride.

Keith
I'm waiting for the thread as well. I'm hoping this thread will get it going. I'm disinclined to set this up (don't know the area and many other excuses). The other guys have done super well and given us wonderful rides. Let's hope we get to ride with everyone out that way again. Oranges are good.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm happy to start the thread and get the ball rolling on it, because I know some people will certainly need to plan their schedule. Once a date has been agreed on by most, I will try to come if work doesn't get in the way, but unfortunately I won't know my work schedule until some time in April.

At the very least, I can help with plotting out the routes, lunch and breaks and whatever else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts