StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,093 Posts
I'm going to head up to Bancroft on April 2nd assuming no snow and ice issue. I can't go on the 9th as I will be in Mexico (destination Wedding) and the following weekend is Easter.

I would happily go up the 23rd as well.

..Tom

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bancroft

I'm going to head up to Bancroft on April 2nd assuming no snow and ice issue. I can't go on the 9th as I will be in Mexico (destination Wedding) and the following weekend is Easter.

I would happily go up the 23rd as well.

..Tom
Hi Tom Works for me if no snow or ice Cheers Al

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh. THAT Spring Ride.
I was hoping to hear about the ride from Barrie to Muskoka.
Enjoy Bancroft.

Keith
I was looking forward to the spring ride North of Whistler through Pemberton, and on to Cache Creek, on the Duffy Lake Road. >:)

Mayhaps even a province name in the title?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
We used to put a province name in the thread titles, but now that there is a Vancouver thread or Victoria something something, pretty much everything else is about Ontario.
>:)
I'll try to make it out to one of these spring time rides.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are there details on this Spring Ride? One day? Hotel? Route? Only people named Tom?

We still have 2 feet of snow in Ottawa so it better warm up quick if Bancroft is to be rideable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
long range weather is still basically calling for snow in Bancroft..i'm 3 hours North in North Bay and (unfortunately) we are no where near riding season yet lol

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I flew over Thunder Bay and Soo and Sudbury yesterday, which was the first day of spring, and the ground looked plenty white to me. If enough snow melts to make the land dark, it will absorb radiation and warm, in a cumulative manner (the faster it goes, the faster it goes). The whiteness went all the way south to Lake Ontario, and past it until clouds hid the ground.

The day before that, I had an outdoor family picnic at Granville Island in Vancouver, so winter may be over out there.

But for Ontario and Pennsylvania, it appears that Punxsutawney Phil foresaw extended chilliness with uncommon acumen.

Best wishes for the expedition to Bancroft.
Keith

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I flew over Thunder Bay and Soo and Sudbury yesterday, which was the first day of spring (or perhaps sping), and the ground looked plenty white to me. If enough snow melts to make the land dark, it will absorb radiation and warm, in a cumulative manner (the faster it goes, the faster it goes). The whiteness went all the way south to Lake Ontario, and past it until clouds hid the ground.

The day before that, I had an outdoor family picnic at Granville Island in Vancouver, so winter may be over out there.

But for Ontario and Pennsylvania, it appears that Punxsutawney Phil foresaw extended chilliness with uncommon acumen.

Best wishes for the expedition to Bancroft.
Keith
I see I must pay more attention to the keyboard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts