StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
SWEET!!

Me and Jules will be there, DD! Can't wait!!

:grin2:

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Me and Jules will be there, DD! Can't wait!!

:grin2:
You do know how to put a smile on my face. So glad to have both of you coming back.

By the way... sometime before the end of the month I'll be asking BigB to populate the first post in this thread with all the updates for 2018 and to start the official headcount.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
You do know how to put a smile on my face. So glad to have both of you coming back.

By the way... sometime before the end of the month I'll be asking BigB to populate the first post in this thread with all the updates for 2018 and to start the official headcount.
Pretty sure you have permissions to edit now Jon, if not let me know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
As I stated before, nice to have a choice but it is very hard to choose which one to attend. Since the two events are not that far apart, maybe attend a few days at one then on to the other for another couple of days. I will always attend the Eastern V-Strom Rally at the IronHorse over any other event due to our fantastic relationship with the owners and the close proximity to both off road and pavement riding of all skill levels in this area. That being said, I sure hate to miss the Romney event. Again, many great riding opportunities and great folks to meet up with every year. I for one was spending 2 weeks on the road to attend both of these events in the past. My riding "FIX" for the entire year usually.
Sure hope the Romney event returns to another date for 2019 that does not conflict with the Eastern V-Strom rally.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
I gave you Mod privileges Jon, please let me know if for some reason that didn't work.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Greywolf! Wow, there's a blast from the past. Glad to hear he's still being his usual helpful self around here. Thanks, Pat.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Let's start the headcount. I've updated the first post in this thread with the 2018 information. I've attempted to capture all the people who said they were in, but if I misunderstood your in or out status please let me know and I'll update. Thanks and looking forward to another great Camp N Ride event.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Count me in...

Last year, while cold and wet, was a great time! Hopefully the change in date will bring warmer weather to the area. Either way, the riding, people and the incredible level of support from Romney Cycles makes this event a must.

FYI - The links posted to previous year events, maps, etc. are "file not found" 404 errors.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
FYI - The links posted to previous year events, maps, etc. are "file not found" 404 errors.
I'm having a difficult time with links this year. So far they only seem to be working over on ADV. When I have some time I'll be trying to fix them both here and on the Yamaha site.

Until then, all the links are there, if you remove extra "http://www.stromtrooper.com/" at the very start of the link the pages are there. Sorry there's a need for a work-around, I hoping to have some time by the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I might be wrong, but I want to remember that, last year, Romney Cycles had some new-version Wee2 stators on hand and that they'd install a new / improved one (under recall) while we were there (or a day or two before, maybe). My wee still needs stator replacement. Does anybody happen to know if they're planning to do this again? Thanks.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
They had a bunch ready last year. I'm sure if you call the service department a week or two in advance I'm sure they'll make sure to have one for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been going to Ironhorse since it opened and the riding is fantastic. However, I'll be coming down from New Hampshire and the event in Romney better fits my schedule. A question. Are guided rides offered, on and/or off-road? When I'm new to a region I really like to ride with someone who knows the area. I have almost no off-road experience and at my age, 70, I'd rather stick to spirited pavement riding. Do you offer/want preregistration?

See you all in May.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I've been going to Ironhorse since it opened and the riding is fantastic. However, I'll be coming down from New Hampshire and the event in Romney better fits my schedule. A question. Are guided rides offered, on and/or off-road? When I'm new to a region I really like to ride with someone who knows the area. I have almost no off-road experience and at my age, 70, I'd rather stick to spirited pavement riding. Do you offer/want preregistration?

See you all in May.
NHV-Strom,
Keep an eye on this thread as we get closer. At least a few of us will be headed down to Romney from this Northeast region, if you want to ride down with others. :smile2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its still a little early but I'm slowly starting to plan. I figure I would leave Ottawa area Monday or Tuesday May 15.

Any recommendations for routes and or camping spots along the way.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Losierm....
I’ve stayed at Hills Creek SP in Wellsboro, PA, which is about 1/2 way for you. They have reasonable prices on cabins that time of year. I think I may still have a route from Wellsboro from two years ago. There’s usually a good sized Canadian contingent from the Toronto area that comes down that you may want to tag along with.

NHV-Strom & Syd
I’m planning on attending this year from Maine, weather permitting. I’ll likely leave Tues and stay in NY, then Wellsboro, PA Wed night. Going to try to do the Skyline Dr while there and then the Blue Ridge Parkway after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Losierm....
I’ve stayed at Hills Creek SP in Wellsboro, PA, which is about 1/2 way for you. They have reasonable prices on cabins that time of year. I think I may still have a route from Wellsboro from two years ago. There’s usually a good sized Canadian contingent from the Toronto area that comes down that you may want to tag along with.

NHV-Strom & Syd
I’m planning on attending this year from Maine, weather permitting. I’ll likely leave Tues and stay in NY, then Wellsboro, PA Wed night. Going to try to do the Skyline Dr while there and then the Blue Ridge Parkway after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pete,
Sounds like a plan!

21 - 40 of 163 Posts