Registered
576 Posts
Hmmmmm....

Anyone tried it on Givi bars??

·
Registered
81 Posts
What about the whole bike?

I saw a H1 Hummer once that was covered nose to tail in a spray on bed liner type finish. Very rugged and cool. Maybe this is not a bad look for the ultimate adventure bike?

·
Cat Herder
2,481 Posts
Haven't seen it on the skidplate, but check with Strom-boli. He put it all over the plastic fairings on his VStrom...maybe even the tank. Can't remember.

·
Cat Herder
2,481 Posts
My bad. Strom-boli used Line-X on his fairings. Post is here.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The biggest issue I can see with using it on a skid plate is that it wouldn't slide off rocks and roots as well. It would have a tendency to stick.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
The biggest issue I can see with using it on a skid plate is that it wouldn't slide off rocks and roots as well. It would have a tendency to stick.
You're kidding, right?

It's fine.

Use this:

My front fender, my side fairings, my windshield, my skidplate, my passenger footpegs, my luggage rack, my exhaust fairing, my crashbars, my PIAA light cages, and my rear brake cylinder cover plate are all sprayed with it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're kidding, right?

It's fine.

Use this:

My front fender, my side fairings, my windshield, my skidplate, my passenger footpegs, my luggage rack, my exhaust fairing, my crashbars, my PIAA light cages, and my rear brake cylinder cover plate are all sprayed with it.

THAT IS FREAKIN' SWEET ! I'm copying this the first time I drop my Vee!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I saw a H1 Hummer once that was covered nose to tail in a spray on bed liner type finish. Very rugged and cool. Maybe this is not a bad look for the ultimate adventure bike?

Not an H1, but how about this? Spotted this one while at work. Completely covered with Rhino Lining or Line-X.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
THAT IS FREAKIN' SWEET ! I'm copying this the first time I drop my Vee!
Been through several drops, three crashes, and two major mud puddle baths.

I wish I bought stock in the company BEFORE I purchased the bike.

It's really good stuff.

(wear gloves and a proper repirator if you can.)

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
I first started using "trunk spatter" on my 4X4 off-road trucks back in the early '80s -- that was before spray-on bedliner was available, I think. Go out, bash the truck on rocks and black timber, bring it home, and "pound to fit, repaint to match" in my garage -- just the bashed parts and it always matched. Switched to bedliner -- any brand, roll-on or spray-on -- when it became easily available and because it was more durable than the water-based latex trunk spatter. I have it on my current '76 Chev 3/4-ton 4X4, but I don't have a photo -- it's too ugly to make a photographic impression, sort of like a vampire has no reflection in a mirror. Personally, I woul'dn't put it anywhere on my red 'Strom, but maybe that's just me.

·
Banned
88 Posts
nope but had mine powder coated glossy black and it looks great, looks like black porcelin.
I like Line-X in my pickup truck bed it is really nice but on my bike, ick. The finish is so ruff that inless the rest of your bike looks like sand paper it would stand out like a sore thumb. Plus it fades after time in the sun.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anyone tried it on Givi bars??
Did mine right after I got them. A couple of light coats, so not as textured as a bedliner would be. I like it that way. No problems w/ anything scratching the finish yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i've heard that the textured bed liner material is a real bitch to keep clean, too. still, if I bashed my KLX I wouldn't hesitate to coat it with the stuff since washing it is my lowest priority.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yup coated my bellypan with it....comes in a can from "autozone"....put it on thick cause it gets beat all day by stones....havnt put it on crash bars,but thats a good idea.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Did mine right after I got them. A couple of light coats, so not as textured as a bedliner would be. I like it that way. No problems w/ anything scratching the finish yet.
Someone said that this stuff helps keep things quiet. I was kind of wondering if a rubberized coating would tame some of the vibes from the Givi bars...

Any thoughts?

Black Lab: I do like that spray on stuff... I can't read the brand name in the pic though. What's the stuff called so I can try to find some? If I do my bars, It'll probably either be with that or Herculiner.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My old SV was painted in cheap bedliner

Looked post-apocalyptic without gauges. Only color was the white (marine vinyl) seats.

But that bedliner covered 'strom looks tough as hell. It's got me thinking...

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I used it on an ABS tool tube/footrest on my KLR and on my Strom's heat shield. Both applications worked well in spite of the road splatter onn the tool tube.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts