StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im up to replace the tires on my V-Strom. Mine is a road only bike so im looking for a Sport Touring type of tire.

So far I have found the

Metzeler Roadtec Z6
Continental Motorcycle Tyres RoadAttack
Avon AZARO
Perelli Scorpion Sync

Is there any other tires I should be looking at?

I though the Michelin Pilot Road came in a 110/80 R19 at one point?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
There are absolutely countless threads on tires, but my 2cents.....consider Conti Trail Attacks too.....more rubber, and longer wearing than the Road Attacks, and super sticky.....I used mine on 3 track daze his summer, and grip was simply a non issue....edge to edge stickiness, quite impressed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sorry for being a newb. I have been off the bike boards for a while. Ill check out the provided links.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Road Attacks rock!!! :thumbup:

Superb handling and wear (got almost 9,000 on the rear before it squared off in the middle), great wet or dry. I love 'em, and will be installing new ones as soon as they get here.

Michelin Pilot Roads also have some excellent write-ups. Never used them on the 'Strom, but my old 1200 Bandit sure liked them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
+1 on Michilen Pilot Road 2ct's. Put em on my Griso and then went on a 1000 mile trip across the great plains. No noticeable wear in the center after 1000 miles. The Griso is heavier, and eats through tires a lot faster then the wee so I imagine they'll last a decent bit on a wee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts