StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the site owners have sunk to a new money grabbing low by inserting sponsored spam posts into individual forums, The worst part is that these posts can't even be marked as read and are in forums that in some cases bare no relevance what so every to the products being advertised.
Is this the shape of things to come and is this forum soon to become unreadable due to sponsored spam?

Note to GM:
Your trucks are not sold in Australia and NZ. If you are being charged for insertion in that section of the forum don't pay the bill.

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts
The days of this forum being privately owned by a person that actually cares is OVER!!!!!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
The perfect way to alienate your primary customer base..... try to sell us non relevant products and watch us vacate the forum.

Then watch your advertisers walk because they are not getting response from their paid for marketing base.

No customer base- means no forum- means no sales- means no income- means goodbye Stromtrooper and Vertical Scope.

Gotta love marketing gurus with university degrees but no experience or brains. :green_lol:

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I just went to report it as a Spam post.

No report link available, and also doesn't show how many views it has had.

I can see it is only a matter of time before I pull up stumps and leave this forum, or I will be banned for commenting on this sort of irrelevant crap (is this a way for VS to get around the fact that Premium Members don't get spammed with advertising :confused: )

·
Registered
522 Posts
There was a GMC post on here for the pick up trucks. It had a few pictures and a video attached....looked professional....perhaps professional grade???:biggrinjester:

It's now in the V-Strom Forums under Stromtroopers.

"Comfort, Connectivity & Quiet: New Truck Interior Features Advertisement"

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
its also under the canada regional forum and i suspect all of the other regional forums. While it's not the end of the world, it is a bit annoying. But it's the way of the world, money rules.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Thats a cool truck, I wish we had them available in Australia :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Thats a cool truck, I wish we had them available in Australia :yesnod:
Yeah..... good on ya- don't goad 'em in to putting up more of that type of sh!t. :biggrinjester:

There are some good "grey imports" cruising around Oz though, saw a great US muscle truck a couple of weeks back near where I work.

The wrong part of all this is getting dumped with Spam advertising, and what's more it is not bike relevant.... and even paying Premium Membership apparently doesn't save you from the trash.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hello All,

This appears to have been a campaign mix-up that was only meant to show up for guests, and not to the members of the community. We are currently investigating and working toward getting this resolved.

~ A, Community Support

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
A lot of you guys have knee jerk reaction to this stuff. Go for a ride , see if that calms your nerves alittle. I like advertising just as much as the rest of you (read: :thumbdown: ) , but understand why it's here. Enjoy the rest of your Friday.:mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts