StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about more off-road oriented modifications to my bike. Need advice on this subject.

Has anyone here swapped stock aluminum cast wheels with spoked ones?

Would appreciate any info: what to look for, what brands to avoid, how much I'll have to spend.

Thanks,

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The cast wheels on the Vee2 have a much larger number of much smaller radial members than the Vee. You may be dealing with a solution in search of a problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thinking about more off-road oriented modifications to my bike. Need advice on this subject.

Has anyone here swapped stock aluminum cast wheels with spoked ones?

Would appreciate any info: what to look for, what brands to avoid, how much I'll have to spend.

Thanks,
Trade it in on the new one?

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Regardless whether it is a cast wheel or spoked, a heavy hit on a rock can bend the lip of the rim and you loose air (tubeless tires) fast or slowly. Ultimately, fix or replacement is the solution (or live with it). Seems like Suzuki would have more replacement cast wheels on-hand than spoked wheels. Common usually means reasonable prices versus rare, which is higher price. The only thing the spoked wheel might have going for it is that you could replace the rim and reuse the hub / spokes and save some money on parts but then spend some on labor getting it laced up.

6 of one or a half doz of something else. I would just ride it as is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts