StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 DL650A and am looking to change out the stock wheels with some spoked wheels. Anyone have suggestions and sources?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I'm pretty sure Woody doesn't do ABS. The DL650XT wheels are awfully expensive though and not available as a unit. I don't see a conversion being worth the cost.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You might be fortunate and find a pair at the motorcycle dismantlers off a wreck.
Not sure how it works in the USA but here in Australia, some of the wreckers post on their web site what bikes they are currently dismantling and what parts are available.
Or you could contact them with an expression of interest and ask to be contacted if some come available.

·
38,103 Posts
It would probably be more cost effective to trade it in for an XT.

·
Registered
37 Posts
x-mas gift to myself

I am feeling real good about my recent purchase of a 2015 Vstrom Adventure XT that is pristine. The bike has been lowered with Kuba links and came with standard and the low seat with only 625 miles for $6500.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheels from Woody's all built out are $1400. That seems much easier than trading in for a new bike.

Also please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there is anything ABS about a wheel.

I would also think the convenience of having two wheel sets is worth the cost. I can have one set up for the road and the others for off road. Swapping wheels is much easier than swapping tires.

·
38,103 Posts
Each wheel has an ABS sensor ring. ABS won't work without it and Woody's hub doesn't have a way to mount one. #7 is shown for the rear wheel here.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You could get the hubs from Suzuki and have Woody's build you a set off those. Wouldn't be cheap, but would it would get you ABS, and probably be better quality than the OEM wheelsets.

·
38,103 Posts
If the plan is to use the spoked wheels off road only, you probably won't really need ABS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts