StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Still got that damn suitcase of an exhaust. Why do they have to try and 'out ugly' one another

Tom R

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Yea I just seen it too. It seems like the only difference is the color scheme and wait for it...wire wheels. Way to go Suzuki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did more than that, but no there is still not cruise control or shaft drive yet. :fineprint:

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
They did more than that, but no there is still not cruise control or shaft drive yet. :fineprint:
Ugh, no shaft please!! There's enough bikes out there with a heavy, inefficient, unadjustable, suspension-compromising final drive!!

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
Suzuki easy start system? You mean that my 04 with a push of a button motor start isn't easy enough?
What am I missing here?
Was reading the details and "Easy Start" let's it start if the bike is neutral without pulling in the clutch.

..Tom

·
Registered
14,236 Posts
Wholly shite, you mean it's a cramp saving device. Great gobs. modern science at it's best! Who woulda thunk it?
Now I can text and start. Marvelous.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just can't figure out why Suzuki insists on those silver inserts at the front. Why can't they be painted the same color as the tank? That's the bit that simply can't make sense for me. On my 2014 DL1000, I vinyl wrapped them in satin black. They look great now and they make sense. But on 2017 model they extend all the way to the beak and wrapping them in black would give the bike too much "plastic" appearance. Wrapping them in tank colour would be almost impossible to match the color. Only if the bike was all black, I could wrap them in glossy black. White would be wrong match. So, does it mean I'd have to purchase black bike? Maybe painting them to match the tank? I don't know. Then, those inserts have "VStrom" stickers... Too complicated and I will get 2017 model sometime September next year.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Maybe I've spoken too soon. Looking at Suzuki UK site, it looks like the yellow one has silver inserts, black one has black inserts and white one is hard to say from the photo.

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
For the 650's they mention "New instrumentation based on V-Strom 1000 design". Is this a good thing? I like the current 'new' (Glee) instrumentation but I'm not familiar with the V2.
I sold my Glee in 2014 and got Vee2. I liked instrument cluster on new Vee2 more then on Glee. For me, it was improvement.
And you get accessories plug at the front. On Vee2 it's in the middle but as I could understand, they've improved it on DL650 placing it on left side so you have more space for longer plugs. My Garmin Nuvi original plug was too long, hitting my DRL's switch that I have in the middle of handlebars, so I had to cut it out and solder one shorter one I had from some old charger.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
I'll be purchasing the hubs and I'll have a local shop lace me up some black wheels. Im sure fitting them to my 2014 won't be a problem.
Don't be so sure about that, they may be using the spoked wheels from the 650XT on the new V, in which case they would not fit on the 14-16 bikes.

What advantage would that provide anyways? Slightly stronger wheels sure, but have you ever cracked or broken a cast wheel? If the bump was strong enough to crack one, would the spoke wheel fair any better? or just get damaged differently.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Because that would add another $2000 to the price (educated guess) and a good bit of weight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

what I am let down with my 2014 now, is not the face lift of the 2017 model but the upgrade in the ABS which now covers cornering and budges in with the rear break if needed in combination if the pressure on the front wheel is excessive
Surely Suzuki you could have put this in the 2014 model and not have us 2-3 yrs later feel outdated..

That is the only feature that buggers me.
The windscreen now is more touring friendly from factory 'setting' ie you do not need to buy the touring screen like with the 2014 one, why Suzuki you did not do it for the 2014 from starters ?

Lastly is the Euro 4, 2014 model could have been Euro 4 as well when competitors where already Euro 4... now we have a 2 yrs old bike that feels already outdated...

Thanks Suzuki... i bought a new bike and 2 yrs later feels old already..

not happy at all.. the new bike at same price is closer to modern standards.. now how to convince the misses for the trade...
impossible... took a long time to get the first one :p

·
Registered
470 Posts
So you want suzuki to bring stuff out 4 years before it is developed? At the Vstrom Price?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts