StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello stromers, does anyone know if the spoke wheels off the Vstrom 650 XT will fit on the 2015 Vstrom 1000, they have the same size wheels & tyres ... I'd like to change my alloy standard rims for the spoke rims ... Appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
156 Posts
A few years ago, when I discovered the existence of tubeless spoke wheels, I wanted to change my cast wheels.
However, after seeing a spoke wheel crack at the rim weld in a BMW, now I feel happy with my integral wheels.

I know this failed wheel must have been an isolated case, and spokes have been runing for longer than casts, but I don't feel the urgency to change them anymore.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Aprilia Capo has spoke wheels and I much prefer the cast wheels of the V2. So much easier to maintain. I think they look better too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got the yellow XT one and everyone looks and and tells me how good they look..even the enduro guy's envy me( happy with that) they say that they look solid because of the added channel where the spoke attacks to on the rim

·
Registered
250 Posts
Curious to what the weight difference is. Byddy has 2 Guzzi's A racer 7 with spokes, and a 750 with cast. The spokers are considerably heavier. He has noticed it to the point the 750 is quicker of the two.... noticeably.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
For what it's worth..According to the Suzuki USA site under specs, the '18 weighs 511 lbs in both specs and the '16 weighs 503 lbs. This could be due to the handguards and plastic under cowling now included stock along with the new electronics and revised front. I'm not buying a 54 lb difference as stated above between the '14 and '18 makes no sense

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Yeah, the figures in York's post are impossible. No DL1000 has ever been under 500lbs for example. Spoked wheels are heavier than cast wheels, especially when that wonderfully strong channel gets filled with mud.

·
Registered
198 Posts
2014 manual with 228kg

Are you saying we are dealing with 'Fake News' ??? :grin2: - Disclaimer was 'if the site is correct'. 0:)

Pulled out my 2014 manual underneath the seat and it says 228kg/503lb. It seems Suzuki need to figure out the 2018 weight with spoke wheels. BTW the wheels don't have a part number yet in the 2018 part catalog.

Don't look to close at this picture.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
BTW the wheels don't have a part number yet in the 2018 part catalog.
I was trying to find a price for the new spoke rims today but could not find anything online. A dealer may have access to that info, or will soon. If someone gets to a dealer maybe you can ask them for a price for the rim with spokes, all the rest should be transferable from the V2 wheel (I hope).

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am thinking 1500-2000 each from Zook....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts