StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble ajusting rear dampening to suit my 110kilos is there any one out there of a similar weight that can advise as to what the best setting is.
I have lowed the bike and have front forks on 3rd setting.finding my backside doesnt like corrigations or pot holes.only riden 800 ks on my new vstrom:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The only damping adjustment is rebound damping. Try the setting in the middle of the range and turn it for more or less rebound (extension) damping as you like. There are no adjustments for high velocity nor low velocity compression damping.

The preload adjuster sets the height of the suspension so you have equal chance of avoiding topping out or bottoming out. For your weight I'd raise the preload as much as possible.

You may find, as many of us have found, that Suzuki should have put more cost into the suspension. There are options for modifying the shock or buying a new shock, but not much that can be done with the stock shock except an expert modification.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
+1 on what PTRider said. Most your size or bigger (me) find the stock setup to be lacking. At my size probably closer to 135 kilos and the stock suspension everything is pretty much maxed out. I will be dealing with this in January by having both sides of the bike gone through.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts