StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Kisan TailBlazer for my DL1K. It's one of the best tail light flashers out there as it flashes fast at first, then flashes slower before coming on solid. Really gets attention, and this is not something anyone can do manually. I had one on my Cruiser before and it was fantastic.

To connect it, i need to splice into the brake light wire. I understand this wire goes past the battery. Was just wondering if anyone has connected one of these up before (or similar) and knows which wire to splice it into?

A picture would be awesome. Which wire to cut, what color is it etc.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That harness looks great thanks.

I clicked to add it to my basket for $15.95, it put me directly into paypal to buy it, then added $797.50 for shipping.

Umm. not worth THAT much.

I can't see any way to contact that company on their web page either. I will keep looking.

Edit. I found the email. Then noticed they have a minimum of $20 per order now, so they purposely set the shipping to something rediculous.
I will need to add another $5 before i can become a customer here. lol

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Yea, they have a lot of good wiring stuff for the VStrom. Just look around I'm sure you will find something else you will want. I alway do.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The hot brake light wire is white with a black stripe. One runs all the way from the rear brake light switch to the tail light. You ought to be able to get to it somewhere along its route.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't see anything else on the cable site i wanted to buy that made sense right now. Maybe that cig lighter socket would be handy at some point, but i don't need it right away.

I received the flasher yesterday and installed it. I had to remove the metal top handle assembly and dissasemble part of my left luggage rack, then it was just two bolts on each side of the plastic back piece and i could slide the whole light assembly back a bit to get access to the wires and the brake/signal light harness and connector.

I then snipped the black/white wire before the connector, tested my signals still worked (they did) and brake light didn't (it didn't), then i added a piece of wire to it and secured it all back in place.

The ground came directly from the battery.

Took me 30 minutes to install it and would be a lot faster a second time. Very simple.

It works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts