StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer is way off--it shows about 11 mph faster than I'm actually going. I measured it against the mileage markers on the highway and then had my brother drive alongside me with his car.

Can this be adjusted/recalibrated? Would I have to change my tire size?

THanks!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Using my GPS, I have found that actual speeds over 100kph are about 8% off (high reading). At 50kph it is right on, and begins to read high only after 70kph. The odometer is surprisingly accurate, being out by less than 2%.

You can purchase a "speedo-healer" or a new speedo face.

http://www.raceratb.com/austin/car/dl650.htm

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

If not mistaken, there is a device made in Canada as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mines off. So far I’ve read that they all are @ about 8% or so.
So I got the 12 o’clock labs- speedodrd S1 thingy.
I watched some YouTube. Doesn’t seem too involved. I’ll report back once installed.
$67 Amazon.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The modified speedo face plate is a pretty slick fix. I installed one on my 2007 Wee but I have to warn you that removing the instrument panel is a lot of work then getting to the gauge face is not for the faint of heart. I think raceratb might not be producing them anymore or only produces them in batches.

I'd go with the electronic speedo fix that allows you to adjust/modify the input to the speedometer to correct the reading. FYI, Healtech is just one brand but there are others offering these gizmos for 'Stroms so do your homework. I have a 2014 Wee now and definitely want to get a speedhealer because the speedometer is annoyingly out of whack.

Reactions: Gert and Jshell3

·
Registered
20 Posts
The modified speedo face plate is a pretty slick fix. I installed one on my 2007 Wee but I have to warn you that removing the instrument panel is a lot of work then getting to the gauge face is not for the faint of heart. I think raceratb might not be producing them anymore or only produces them in batches.

I'd go with the electronic speedo fix that allows you to adjust/modify the input to the speedometer to correct the reading. FYI, Healtech is just one brand but there are others offering these gizmos for 'Stroms so do your homework. I have a 2014 Wee now and definitely want to get a speedhealer because the speedometer is annoyingly out of whack.
I got the 12 o’clock Labs speedometer drd S1
It should be here tomorrow.
Gives me something to do in the rain.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I have a Labs DRD on my V2 and they work perfectly once they are set.

Some bikes have a plug and play system others may require a little extra work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I plan on picking up a 12 O'clock Speedo DRD for my newly acquired 2008 Wee. I have used them successfully on my Honda Grom and Honda Monkey. They are a little finicky to set up since you have to follow commands based on different color LED blinks, but it is fairly straightforward once you know the procedure.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My speedometer is way off--it shows about 11 mph faster than I'm actually going. I measured it against the mileage markers on the highway and then had my brother drive alongside me with his car.

Can this be adjusted/recalibrated? Would I have to change my tire size?

THanks!
I would also recommend the SpeedoHealer. Simple to set up. But I would also suggest that you get a speedo app for your phone and a bar mount or maybe put it in a map pocket on a tank bag if you've got one. Using mile markers or another vehicle's speedo can be off a bit too. There are many such apps. The one I use is called DigiHud. It's free, works great, and has a font size I can read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts