Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 650XT ABS has a speedo that shows about 8km faster than three GPS`s I've checked it on .

As its under warranty the Man is checking on this (my Tigers were about 4km out)

Anybody else found this

It may be due to the spoke wheels on this model and different size rims ???

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Agree with the Greywolf, my 2015 DL650 is approx 8% out, checked with two GPS. Seems all normal with everybody else's.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes, and my GS500 was the same. Suzuki has cleverly got your bike to go faster without using more fuel, don't complain or everyone will want this modification.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Ride the indicated speed and save yourself a ticket.
But since you are using a GPS, why care?
I usually monitor the GPS since I know it's more accurate.
I usually only look at the instruments for RPM and miles when I fill up again.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Ride the indicated speed and save yourself a ticket.
But since you are using a GPS, why care?
I usually monitor the GPS since I know it's more accurate.
I usually only look at the instruments for RPM and miles when I fill up again.

Ride 8% slower than the speed limit?

In California?

Southern California?

You're a dead man! :yikes:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ride 8% slower than the speed limit?

In California?

Southern California?

You're a dead man! :yikes:

;-) it's like driving in Montreal (unable to put my laughter to print). Where driving 100km in a 50 km zone (on certain roads during rush hour) is ignored by police.

Just be certain your insurance is paid up and wear protective gear, Kiss your better half goodbye in the morning.....

Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea my DL650 has always been 3-5 mph off by gps. I choose not to worry too much about that. I just go with the flow of traffic and don't sweat it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
yep, speedo is 4-5 mph faster than GPS reading here too. I try to do as close to double the speed limit as possible anyway, so i've never had any concerns about it.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I really do find the argument that one must out run the prevailing traffic laughable.
I ride my own ride and if I wanna let the semi's go by, I pull to the right and wave as they go by.
Been doing it for years and rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated, (Clemens).
If'n y'all want to run in the fast lane and fight the ferocious cagers, you are certainly welcome. On occasion I've been known to follow faster traffic with the best of them.
I do let them be the rabbit and alert the radar's of their approach and watch for the lights to blink on for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts