StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Speedo Healer V3 that I have removed from my 04 FZ1 and I'd like to put it on my new to me 07 DL-1000. Heal-Tech advertises the ability to move a speedo healer over to a new bike by simply purchasing the correct wiring harness as a selling point on their web page

Well Heal-Tech offers no phone support. I contacted 2 of their distributors. One said that I am SOL as they do not offer harnesses for the V3 any more. The other contacted Heal-Tech for me. Heal-Tech says that they can make me a harness but that they do not know if it will work on my 07! WTF they made the freaking thing and they do not know if it will work? :headbang:

Is anyone running a V3 healer on a 07 DL-1000? I don't want to waste money on a harness that may or may not work. I was going to buy a TRE from Heal-Tech but I think I will turn to Ivan or Dale Walker. They both know their products inside and out and are easy to reach on the phone saving me the aggravation of talking to some know nothing third party.

<rant off>

·
Registered
168 Posts
You may want to consider a replacement speedometer gauge face from Raceratb.com as an inexpensive and effective alternative while you go through the effort of obtaining a new cable. Mine's now accurate within 2% and it keeps your speedometer and odometer in sync, assuming that you're using stock DL1000 sprockets.

New one's on the left, stocker is on the right. Save the Speedo-Healer for when you change your gearing. With Austin's replacement gauge face your speed and mileage will both stay accurate when the Speedo-Healer works its electronic magic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea. Thanks for suggesting that. I like the idea of keeping the odometer accurate and I do not plan on re gearing so this would probably be better for me. How difficult was the installation?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just ordered a second with one hash mark slightly thinner then the rest for $20 shipped.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Installation wasn't too difficult, instructions are adequate. Two potential "gotcha's" are 1) understanding how the plastic bodywork push-pins function (well documented elsewhere on this site) and 2) zeroing the speedometer a few times before reattaching the cover glass.

The cable is kinda' short and can be frustrating to fool with, but even I was able to figure it out and get everything back together without losing or breaking anything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. In fairness to heal-Tech i should say that after my expressing my disappointment with them they did offer to upgrade me to a V4 if the cable didn't work. That should have been their first response. I also REALLY do not like the fact that Heal-Tech will not take a tech support phone call from a customer!!! I doubt i will ever buy anything from them again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts