StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With change from stock sprockets to 16/43? DL1000

Definite slower speeds on freeways with the change but speedometer seems to be further off. Don't have a GPS. Lower gears do feel better and you can really shift all the up very quickly.

First day w/ new gearing, not sure if I'm gonna like it. Cruised at 80 mph @ 4500 rpm w/ stock. I'm gonna have to like it w/ 20k+ mi life span.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
With change from stock sprockets to 16/43? DL1000

Definite slower speeds on freeways with the change but speedometer seems to be further off. Don't have a GPS. Lower gears do feel better and you can really shift all the up very quickly.

First day w/ new gearing, not sure if I'm gonna like it. Cruised at 80 mph @ 4500 rpm w/ stock. I'm gonna have to like it w/ 20k+ mi life span.
I went with 16 / 45...... insane amount of get up and go, crawls at walking speed when off road.... spedo is f-ed to about 80% of what you see...
100KPH = true 80KPH
80KPH = True 64KPH.....etc...... you will be slightly less off...

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
Wee's spedo sensor is on front wheel, only changes in front tire size will affect speedo
True up to and including 2011 models, but iirc 2012 are like the DL1000.

..Tom

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have installed a Healtech speedohealer like many others when I changed my gearing (16/42). Just using their website calculator my DL1000 speedo was out by 7 point something % which meant travelling at 100km/h the speedo without the healer was showing 107 and a bit. With the healer now installed shows exactly 100km/h and is verified by my GPS. You have three options
1. Speedohealer
2. Mark the speedo face with adjusted values
3. Just remember that your speedo is out by roughly 7 or so %

Farmer Strom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts