Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for another source to fix the speedo. Yeah, I know I could just do the math but it would be nice to just look at the screen and know my speed. Had no idea how far off the speedohealer made my odometer.

·
Registered
806 Posts
On my Gen1 Wee I bought an aftermarket corrected speedometer faceplate sold here RacerATB He has a tutorial on how to do the faceplate swap and you do have to pull the instrument panel to get to it, so it is not the easiest upgrade but doable if you wrench. On the Gen1 the speedo and the odometer are independent so once it is fixed it is fixed and changing front sprocket size has no effect.

I now have a Gen2 Wee and I was running with a 16T front sprocket which made the speedo accurate but the odometer read low. I recently switched back to the OEM 15T sprocket and now the odometer is accurate but the speedo reads wildly high which I hate. I'm probably going to upgrade to one of the electronic fixes since the speedo and odo are coupled on the Gen2 and both are impacted by sprocket changes.

The faceplate fix works great on the Gen1. What year is your bike?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately RacerATB stopped making the corrected faces. I was looking for another source. He has some 1 off’s but the colors wouldn’t match.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
On my Wee I used liquid paper to put some marks around the edge of the speedo face.

I put the marks at the most common speeds I use, not perfect but cheap & easy to do.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Unfortunately RacerATB stopped making the corrected faces. I was looking for another source. He has some 1 off’s but the colors wouldn’t match.
Bummer. I guess the volume just isn't there anymore. I bought mine a few years ago and I remember I had to wait a few months because he would run them in batches when he had enough orders. Maybe you could contact Adventure Tech and see if they might be interested in taking it over from RacerATB since the development work and graphics is done and now a sunk cost they might be able to arrange a deal. Seems like a good fit for AT if only to keep 'Strom traffic flowing to their site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts