StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much decided on a WEE for my next bike but it'll be awhile. Not the economy but my own economy.
I rode one a few months back and was VERY impressed. The stock seat was comfortable and all the good things all you guys have said I found to be true. It was only a 20ish mile ride and that included some freeway. The only thing I could pick on was the speedo error, this one was way off I'd say at least 10mph. It said I was doing 90 and I'm sure it was more like 75. The guy on my machine was doing about that although he was ahead of me a good distance.
Is this common or........if so whats the fix. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is normal with this bike. As far as a fix, you can get a speedo healer or replace the speedo faceplate with one that corrects it. I normally have my Gps with me and use that for a speedo. Alot of folks with a strom seem to use the Gps option.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The speedo is about 9% happy. A GPS, speedo healer or replacement face plate can be had. Most people just use awareness. 90 indicated is a touch over 82.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, but it begs another Q, what the heck is a speedo healer??????? Sounds like something you'd use if your bathing suit was to small.... or large. Sorry couldn't help it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah thanks for the tip about Speedo healer. I think I'll get one. It's very annoying having the speedo inaccurate and reading slow.

3DKiwi

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Yeah thanks for the tip about Speedo healer. I think I'll get one. It's very annoying having the speedo inaccurate and reading slow.

3DKiwi
I think the revised faceplace from raceratb is a better option. easy to put in, totally accurate, and doesn't have any effect on the odometer (which is only off a percent or two.

..Tom

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
There is the free option that I use when I don't have my GPS with me. I made some test runs to get the real numbers then I used a label maker to print out my speeds and put them on the windscreen. Since I changed gearing the 9% calculation doesn't really work all that well for me, plus I like having a confirmation right there in front of me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Speed Limits are part of your mind and soul... man has no need for a measuring device.:bom_beatnik:

Until of course your are stopped by the local constabulary... then that esoteric BS goes out the window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts