StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurred to me the other day that *maybe* it's possible to correct the high-reading speedo's by removing the cover of the speedometer, pulling the speedo needle off and re-positioning it so that it reads more correctly. I have no idea how the speedo cover comes off though.

Anybody care to give it a try? :wink:

- Martin

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
it's a 8-9% error across the board, not a 5mph error. even if you could make a correction for one speed, it would be wrong for the others. i think it may recalibrate the needle position every startup though. a speedo healer would do a much better job.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I found the Avon Venom X 100/110/19 helped "correct the 10% erro to a 5% error. To be fair the ME800 of the same size performed the same correction on my Wee Strom

greywolf said:
it's a 8-9% error across the board, not a 5mph error. even if you could make a correction for one speed, it would be wrong for the others. i think it may recalibrate the needle position every startup though. a speedo healer would do a much better job.

·
Registered
115 Posts
greywolf said:
I agree, with the GPS on I notice the faster I go the bigger the gap.

5 mph or so off at 40-45 mph
7-8 mph or so off at 75-80 mph

That said, I have no idea how to correct it..

Good luck,
DavidLSI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts