StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada where speed is measured in kph. I go to the USA where speed is mph. Is there some kind of 'converter' that i could stick on top of my speedo to show mph ? I'm thinking of some kind of decal showing mph that could be placed on the speedo and then 'peeled' off. Anyone have an ideas ?...H.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Your profile says you have a 2011 orange 650. There is no such stock bike. Does it look like this by any chance? Which of the following pictures does the bike look like?

·
38,048 Posts
There is a limited production of accurate faces sometimes available, but it requires dis-assembly and re-assembly of the gauges. Raceratb.com

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
GW I think he wants to change between KPH & MPH and back again.

I put marks on my glass with liquid paper at the speed points I wanted to know.

·
38,048 Posts
I get that. I know of no devices commercially available to do that. When I traveled in Canada, I did the conversion in my head.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know my 2012 can go to KPH from MPH with a press of the switch. Does the 2009 have a digital dash? I am guessing it does not.

·
38,048 Posts

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Do you have a GPS?

When travelling in the US I always switch my GPS to miles per hour. I find I look at the GPS for sped more than the Speedo anyway so this is very natural after a while.

Even nmy 2012 DL650 which I can (and do) switch the display to MPH I find I mainly use the GPS speed.

..Tom

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Make your own sticker for speed intervals that you feel are best, ignore rounding errors.
25 mph = 40 kph
40 mph = 65 kph
50 mph = 80 kph
60 mph = 100 kph
70 mph = 115 kph
80 mph = 130 kph

1 - 14 of 14 Posts