StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my V-4 (version #4) healer on my 2012 with the same harness that I used on my 08 Vee. It's p/n SH-SO1, now people don't run over me as bad as before, plus we have a lot of police around here! Cheers--BB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its an electronic box you add to the bike' speed sensor pick-up that allows you to fix the inaccuracy in the speedometer reading by changing the information sent to the speedometer readout. I like having the speedometer tell me I'm going faster than I usually am.

How far off is the 2012?? Most bikes are 5 - 10 % off.

Terry

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It the stock speedo 10% high just like about every other Suzuki bike? :thumbdown: 50k on the odo = actually 45k huh.

My SV was way off also. Didn't spend the $100+ for the SH.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It the stock speedo 10% high just like about every other Suzuki bike? :thumbdown: 50k on the odo = actually 45k huh.

My SV was way off also. Didn't spend the $100+ for the SH.
The speedometer accuracy is unrelated to odometer accuracy. They operate off of different sensors. The odometer is accurate enough not to bother thinking about that way.

Old speedometer accuracy was about +9% and on the new model seems more like +7% (as reported on a few threads in this sub-forum and confirmable with GPS on a long straight highway stretch).

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Bourbon Boy...

I haven't hooked up my GPS to this bike yet, so I'm not sure, but assumed the 8% high reading from what I've learned on here.

Very annoying, I don't want to do math when I'm riding! :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The speedometer accuracy is unrelated to odometer accuracy. They operate off of different sensors. The odometer is accurate enough not to bother thinking about that way.

Old speedometer accuracy was about +9% and on the new model seems more like +7% (as reported on a few threads in this sub-forum and confirmable with GPS on a long straight highway stretch).
I call BS on that one. You could verify with GPS or mile signs on the freeway. I know there isn't a separate sensor for the ODO too. It MAY be calculated differently in the dash board though. I've heard of tachometers that are off a ways too.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a "healer" on my Nomad, it was off about 9%, when I traded it in I took it off and traded it in on the new version, through Healtech, the company that makes the Speed-O-Healer, for $20.00. I don't really like a GPS myself, to distracting for me, and it does slow your odometer down a little. If you drive around here, going 7% slow will get you ran over on the freeways, most people go 80+ MPH up the interstate. Plus doing the math gets even more distracting, it's nice to be in the ballpark, IMO. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
72 Posts
I checked my speedometer, yesterday, with my Garmin 660 GPS, and at 60mph indicated, I was actually doing 57mph. I do most of my hi-way riding around 60mph so that was really all I needed to know. I think a 3mph, at 60mph error, is not bad. Exactly the same as my Yamaha TMAX, Honda CBR250R, and Harley Street Glide.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't have facts on hand to back me up on this one so please don't crucify me if I'm wrong! I remember reading that the system is accurate, but they deliberately build in a "safety margin" for the speedo reading (odo unaffected). Thus, if you adjust the sensor input to correct the speedo, you will cause the odo to be inaccurate.

Apparently here in Aus the design rules state that any vehicle sold here may have a speedo that over reads by up to 10% but may not under read at all. Perhaps we're not the only ones with that requirement and it's standard practice for the factory to calibrate that way.

I'm curious now, will have to chuck the GPS on the bike tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speed Sensor Connector Location

I installed my V-4 (version #4) healer on my 2012 with the same harness that I used on my 08 Vee. It's p/n SH-SO1, now people don't run over me as bad as before, plus we have a lot of police around here! Cheers--BB
Hey, BB. I'm about to install the Speedo Healer on my 2012 650. Would you tell me where the speed sensor connector is located on the 2012?

Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Apparently here in Aus the design rules state that any vehicle sold here may have a speedo that over reads by up to 10% but may not under read at all. Perhaps we're not the only ones with that requirement and it's standard practice for the factory to calibrate that way.
Same in the UK AFAIK.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you drive around here, going 7% slow will get you ran over on the freeways,
Strange...I pay attention to my speed...but if I'm ever riding amongst a bunch of cars, I adjust accordingly and usually go just a bit faster than them...speed be damned. With or without an accurate speedometer, I just wouldn't ever be driving 7% slow around cars..that's just silly. :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, BB. I'm about to install the Speedo Healer on my 2012 650. Would you tell me where the speed sensor connector is located on the 2012?

Thanks.
Follow the wire up from the engine chain sprocket to the 3 wire connector, thats the speedo connector.

I adjusted mine to read 2% high instead of the 7% OEM. I like to have a margin for all the revenue collecting cameras around here.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The Glee has a digital speedo. A gauge face won't work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts