StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Alaska (on my Vee) and will arrive in Fairbanks on or around June 10th. Among other places I plan to investigate is either Inuvik or Prudhue Bay. More than likely it will be Inuvik.

My route from East Cen. Illinois to Fairbanks will be about 4,600 miles on a moderately loaded V. I will be riding up on a set of new Tourances. I expect them to be very well worn by the time I hit Fairbabnks. My original plan was to put on Heidnenau K60 in Fairbanks, make a run further north... etc., then try to get back home on the same. Knowing I might have to change rubber somewhere in the lower 48.

However while the Heidnenau K60 Fronts are available, the backs are not yet. Having just talked to their importer. I am not holding my breath. (Although the 140 K60's are. available... thoughts there?)

So, what would you do? A K60 up front and aTK80 for the back, ride around the state seing what there is to be seen, then replace the rear TK80 before I head south for home with a new Tourance or similar...?

Or... I should....?

Your advice and sound council, as always, will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Here is some info if you have not seen it. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547250 Tires are kind of a personal choice I think, but I really like the Heidenau/Mefo tread. I kind of like the idea of 140 vs. 150, (the better to steer it with) but don't know if anyone has done it. I like the idea of taking tires on board big time, and when you use a spare it's time to buy another one (not time to walk:headbang:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts