StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to replace oem spark plugs while I have the plastic off the Wee. Surprised when 3 major parts chains near me had none of the iridium NGK's. O'Reilly found 4 in a warehouse 4+ hrs S of here. Don't want to wait 'til next week for them so I paid the shipping to get them tomorrow. Amazon shows they have them but the guy that waited on me has helped me out before so he got the business. No cross refs either. Are there any that anyone is aware of?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
You can order direct from NGK well pre-virus you could looks like they are offline know.

Last time I ordered from them I had the plugs in a few days.

NGK

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my O'Reilly order already. Good to go, but I happened to drive by my local Suzuki dealer and they are open! 3 other dealers in the area are not open. I needed some antifreeze anyway so I stopped at Suzuki (I like the dealership) and bought the freeze. Had I known they were open I would have bought the plugs there too! Oh well!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Decided to replace oem spark plugs while I have the plastic off the Wee. Surprised when 3 major parts chains near me had none of the iridium NGK's. O'Reilly found 4 in a warehouse 4+ hrs S of here. Don't want to wait 'til next week for them so I paid the shipping to get them tomorrow. Amazon shows they have them but the guy that waited on me has helped me out before so he got the business. No cross refs either. Are there any that anyone is aware of?
Be really careful buying NGK plugs from Amazon and Ebay, there are a ton of counterfit NGK plugs being made. I wound up with a set of them last year and they were visually different - both packaging and plugs. It is such a common problem that NGK has a guide

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be really careful buying NGK plugs from Amazon and Ebay, there are a ton of counterfit NGK plugs being made. I wound up with a set of them last year and they were visually different - both packaging and plugs. It is such a common problem that NGK has a guide
Appreciate the caution, and I'm aware of the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
My 650 had like 70K on the Iridiums when sold. The 2018 1000 now has 34K on the originals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts