StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sent a spam PM from Stromeur 650.
I don't appreciate it and I don't believe that this sort of activity should be condoned within this forum.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a slightly different situation.
The person who sent the PM has posted nearly 100 times on the forum and has suddenly decided to inflict their wealth creation scheme or whatever it was on others.
I'd like to see an apology.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its a bot, there is no shocker, there are programs that register themselves and then get the userlist and spam away. They are evil, but effective. Best thing to do is ignore the user and let the admins do their duty.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a bot, there is no shocker, there are programs that register themselves and then get the userlist and spam away. They are evil, but effective. Best thing to do is ignore the user and let the admins do their duty.
The PM came from a user who has legitimately posted nearly 100 times in various threads on this forum. It included the users normal signature.
I do not believe it was sent from an automated bot because if it was security on this site must have been breached so badly that mealy posting here will is dangerous (I stress again I do not believe that to be the case)

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I'd bet the account is compromised. Weak password or something....
Note his last posts were 9/26/2006....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'd bet the account is compromised. Weak password or something....
Note his last posts were 9/26/2006....
Exactly............

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
his reply to my pm:

No problem Ray,
I was not spaming on anybody. Just looking out for some new partners by refering them to my web site.
I can understand that people here don't want to hear about business if it's not related to motorcycle.

I get the point.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I got a similiar email as well. I looked into it and determined it wasn't a bot, thus I thought weak password as well. I'll be sending a PM to the user stating the policy of non-solicitations and to keep it Strom related.

Any other reports of this and I think a ban is in order.

Tige

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't worry about Spam

Sorry about that,

My intention was not to create such a confusion.
I realy have a home based business and I tought that I could send a Email to some of you who would consider having a look at my web site.
I was not thinking that it could be wrong to share my experience with a company that brought me health and freedom.

I think this is a big misunderstanding and I want to apologise for those who tought they were being spam.

Have a nice summer with your Strom (wee ot V )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.