StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my sonic .90 springs for the front fork, it came with a plastic tube for cutting spacers.
I'm ~210 lbs with gear, what length should i cut the spacers and which oil weight to use?

Thanks
Eran

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
My Sonic Kit had instructions on how to cut the spacers (i.e. what length)…..did yours come with those?? If not, I can scan mine and send them to you (send me your email addy). I ended up re-using the OEM spacers....they were the required length the kit dictated. The kit suggested 15W oil for normal street riding, 10W for any off-road riding...……..so, of course I mixed the two weights!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Sonic Kit had instructions on how to cut the spacers (i.e. what length)…..did yours come with those?? If not, I can scan mine and send them to you (send me your email addy). I ended up re-using the OEM spacers....they were the required length the kit dictated. The kit suggested 15W oil for normal street riding, 10W for any off-road riding...……..so, of course I mixed the two weights!!
Thanks, i didn't get the instructions. i'll send my e-mail in a PM

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
So i got my sonic .90 springs for the front fork, it came with a plastic tube for cutting spacers.
I'm ~210 lbs with gear, what length should i cut the spacers and which oil weight to use?

Thanks
Eran
Are the springs just a bit shorter than the stock ones? (about 3/4-1" shorter) If so, just use the stock spacer.
Use 10w fork oil.

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Sonic Springs Instructions just sent..........
The spacer length is determined by how much Preload is desired. Sonic says 1/2" is a good average for preload for street riding.......but all this depends on the spring length (and how far in or out the preload is set....I believe). I ain't no suspension guy, just paraphrasing what the instructions say.
(NOTE: I assume the Sonic Springs are identical for DL650 models 2004 thru 2017?? A .9 spring for a 2008 DL650 is the same as a .9 for a 2017 model??....might want to verify that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Heck.....I cannot find the Edit button on this new site. I meant to say "the spacer length is determined"......and "Sonic says 1/2" of preload length is a good...".
Click the 3 vertical dots on the upper right of you post. Edit will be one of the options displayed :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts