StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 2 week solo trip to Yosemite, Carrizo Plain, Lake Isabella, Rt 395, and back over Monitor Pass (which was actually open but probably isn't any more). I love riding solo BUT there were a lot of places I was flat out too scared to go without a wingman. Riding in the wild west isn't for the faint of heart - especially in mid-March. When stuff goes wrong out back of beyond you can go DAYS without seeing anyone (and I had let my Spot lapse), and I'm not at all certain that I can McGyver my way out of every mess. I just bought an 05 DL (previous trip was on a DR650) and I am itching to head to Monument Valley, Moab, NM, and beyond, but I don't want to cheat myself out of the coolest places because I don't have backup. Of course, finding a compatible riding partner is key. Anyway, I'd like to hook up for a day or a week or ??? with people of like mind. I'm in my 60's, have been riding for 50 years (but adventure riding only about 5), and like to camp most of the time and motel it every now and then when a bed and a shower are too hard to resist. Forest and dirt roads ok, single track and creek beds, not so much.

It's finally raining in NoCal. When it stops, I'm pretty much ready to go - anytime after mid-April. I'm based in Grass Valley, CA, between Tahoe and Sac.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Might be headed that way from Seattle in early May. Have a focus on national parks and monuments and great roads in between. Also interested in camping; also in my '60's. Met a fella from Alberta on this forum whom I've never met and he and I are talking about meeting up in southern Utah for a 3-4 week ride. I've got a post or 2 on this forum and on ADV Rider forum regarding my trip.

PM me if you're interested in discussing a ride in the SW in May.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I hope no one is riding out here (or the midwest) right now. I posted in some other thread I cannot find, that April can be early in CO. It's possible we'll have a record for snow here on 5/10. Again, hope no one came out thinking to have a good time and are not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts