StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group,

Anyone have any suggestion for rides around the Ashland Or.? area. Heading there next weekend with my cousin to do a shake down ride in preparation for our 3 week trip to Alaska in July. Looking for mostly pavement but fire roads would also work. Thanks in advance. cw

·
Registered
541 Posts
South entrance to Crater Lake is open. North entrance and rim road are still closed. Dead Indian Memorial RD to 140 to Klamath lake. WestSide rd to 62 to the south entrance. You could come back a more westerly route.

We in Oregon consider this the NorthWest.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Oregon Motorcyclist - Motorcycle Roads in Oregon can give you some ideas, though not too many right around Ashland. Depending on how far you want to go, cross the border into CA on I5 and then take 96 west. At Happy Camp, head north to Obrien on Indian Creek Road. All paved - though not all in the best of condition north of Happy Camp. Lots of curves. I loved in on my Strom. A friend on a cruiser didn't like it.

Applegate Rd looks like a good ride. I'd investigate it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How about the road to Keno, then south towards Dorris, State Line Rd. to Merrill, north to Chiloquin, then back on Westside Rd to 140 to Dead Indian back to Ashland? According to Google Maps this route would take you 5 hours of riding time. I'm interested what you come up with however... I've got a place at Lake of the Woods and am always looking for ride ideas. In particular I want to (haven't yet) explore between Lake of the Woods and Shady Cove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts