StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strommers south of Indianapolis report! :thumbup:

I would love to meet up with some fellow strommers for a summer ride this summer, hoosier national turns beautiful this time of year.

I am located in Columbus.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I am a devoted aficionado of the southern Indiana twisties, and I can be found riding in your area quite regularly.

Look for my V-Strom (above)

My GS850:

Or my VX800:

Coming soon to a twisty road near you! :hurray:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a devoted aficionado of the southern Indiana twisties, and I can be found riding in your area quite regularly.

Look for my V-Strom (above)

My GS850:

Or my VX800:

Coming soon to a twisty road near you! :hurray:
We shall meet up this summer and blast down some hoosier national roads, I went out for a ride today, I took the GPS just incase I found myself in some serious banjo playing areas and couldnt find a way home ;) I have done that a few times in a car, you go from paved road to gravel road to dirt gravel then to complete 4x4 off roading that only big mudding trucks can get through.

I didnt need it, I found my way home 100 miles/3 hours later. :yikes:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I'm headed down that way Friday for the first long ride of the year.:hurray:
Yeah, I'm trying to get ahead a bit at work so I can also take a "ditch day" on Friday. :hurray:

Hmm.. better get off the internet and back at it... :furious:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for more southern indiana riders!

I took me a ride out past Story, IN and found me some gravel roads that turned in to dirt, So much fun! My baby is filthy now! :green_lol:

Nebo Ridge Trail, I stopped to stretch my legs after going down some gravel roads

Dead End, Had to turn back and start the fun all over again :hurray:

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
A nice little lunch run for me is hitting 135 thru Story then over to Kurtz to the 58 Cafe. In fact I'll probably head that way on Friday. I always think about stopping by the Story Inn for lunch but then I always seem to get distracted by all those sweet curves. About the only curves we have in Carmel are the rounabouts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A nice little lunch run for me is hitting 135 thru Story then over to Kurtz to the 58 Cafe. In fact I'll probably head that way on Friday. I always think about stopping by the Story Inn for lunch but then I always seem to get distracted by all those sweet curves. About the only curves we have in Carmel are the rounabouts.
Yeah I took 135 all the way out to brownstown then 58? out to austin indiana earlier, its a fun ride.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to meet a indiana stromer that knows his or hers way around a strom mechnically, I want to do most my work.

I still got to buy a service manual but even service manuals can be confusing.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I want to meet a indiana stromer that knows his or hers way around a strom mechnically, I want to do most my work.

I still got to buy a service manual but even service manuals can be confusing.
I live in Indy, but I've always done all my own work. I'm used to vintage bikes, so the V-Strom seems easy as pie to work on. Hell, you can actually buy parts for the thing. It's amazing...

Speaking of vintage bikes, here are the maps I put together for the annual Suzuki GS Brown County rally last year. Lots of interesting roads here, and these maps don't even contain some of the really fun back roads, gravel roads, water crossings, etc.:
http://browncounty.gsrallies.com/?page=maps

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Speaking of vintage bikes, here are the maps I put together for the annual Suzuki GS Brown County rally last year. Lots of interesting roads here, and these maps don't even contain some of the really fun back roads, gravel roads, water crossings, etc.:
http://browncounty.gsrallies.com/?page=maps
Hey Brian,

Indybob has told(warned:thumbup:) me about you hardcore GS guys. In fact I'm planning on the Brown County ride and hopefully the Kentucky ride in July. I look forward to meeting you and and hopefully you get a chance to get out and play Friday. I tried to get Bob out but he has to work.:thumbdown:

Ride safe,
Kevin

·
Registered
626 Posts
Strommers south of Indianapolis report!
I'm also located in Columbus, North Washington St. We may have met the other day at the CEP parking lot.

I've had my Wee pretty well opened up through the winter (other than internal engine work) for installation of the various accessories. I also have the Service Manual.

PM me if you want to meet, talk and kick tires.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm also located in Columbus, North Washington St. We may have met the other day at the CEP parking lot.

I've had my Wee pretty well opened up through the winter (other than internal engine work) for installation of the various accessories. I also have the Service Manual.

PM me if you want to meet, talk and kick tires.

Ride safe.
Ah Yes! Chuck!

It was a pleasure meeting you, I am sorry I didnt have time to chat very long when we met up that day.

I shall take you up on your offer here soon, I would love to be shown the proper way to tighten chain and other various things.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bump for more southern indiana riders!

I took me a ride out past Story, IN and found me some gravel roads that turned in to dirt, So much fun! My baby is filthy now! :green_lol:

Nebo Ridge Trail, I stopped to stretch my legs after going down some gravel roads

Dead End, Had to turn back and start the fun all over again :hurray:
WORST food in Indiana is at Story

·
Registered
170 Posts
Strommers south of Indianapolis report! :thumbup:

I would love to meet up with some fellow strommers for a summer ride this summer, hoosier national turns beautiful this time of year.

Picking up my Strom on Tuesday. Many nice twisty scenic 2 lane roads between here and Bloomington. I'm SE of Terre Haute and West Of Bloomington. Ride to Madison, cross over into KY or follow the scenic river route back to Indy via Lawrenceburg.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
count me in. Almost. Just got the wee and have to put tires on it and change the oil. I'll subscibe to this thread. If anyone is energetic we could all of us send one person an email and they could email us all on one reply and we'd have a mailing list that way.

I used to do that with jetski buds...send out a note thursday that i'm riding sat at 2. Eventually we had each others ph numbers and would just text it out.

almost forgot...jonnail told me about this
http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/Event.asp

casey, IL area, only a couple hours for us...

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Indy has twisties? i thought that place was as flat as a pool table. lol.. i used to live in clay county IN. i dug riding the coal truck roads and hill climbing the spill piles. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Just moved to Columbus last Sept. Haven't ridden the area much but I am looking forward to this spring.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I live in southern Marion county and am always up for a trip!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts