StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
V-Strom 650 XT 2021 Euro5, Yamaha 2007 XMax 250 Euro3
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going with my daughter turning 18 early august. 5 days trip before reaching the beach house were wife and son will join us for 8 days before rolling back to Rome

Here where I am on the planning (runnning late we leaving tomorrow), ferry and first night hotel booked
A-C is done in hone day (early ferry) knowing that for B-C we will not be taking the speed way (2x2 lanes at 110Km/h) but regional way (2x1 lanes 70-90 Km/h), 30 minutes added but more scenical
C to H is done in one day, slow ride enjoying views of the coast, stop twice for a swim

An other 3 days to plan !!

Would happily share the whole route and places I stayed if some people are interested

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Would happily share the whole route and places I stayed if some people are interested
I am interested ;) ...just be sensitive with the Speedo and Bikini pictures (strict moderators on duty) :D

...make sure to check some of these for us that are stuck at home (we won't be jealous) :rolleyes: :

Reactions: ThierryTravel

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nearly done with packing, some shirts to iron to finish that
Fitting 5 days of clothing's for 2 plus beach towel, "huge" speedo , bikini, shoe's for beach and evenings in the 3 case
Will preload the bike tonight, underground parking is safe, so we start easy tomorrow at 6, for 90 minutes drive
Can't wait

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So weight for each box
3.5 kg on the tank case
7.5 kg on left
6.1 kg on right
And 12.5 kg for the top case

About 30 KGS on the bike all inclusive
Me and my daughter and equipment s that's 140 kg total

Bike is a at 220 kg full

Total weight is 390 kg and if I recall GVWR is 420 kg?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Good timing for vacation you'll beat the crazy Ferragosto traffic (y)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good timing for vacation you'll beat the crazy Ferragosto traffic (y)
At 6 in the morning the Grande Raccordo Anulare di Roma, surrounding Rome is already getting busy. The best will be the 21 Celsius /70 Fahrenheit before raising to 34 / 93 in the shade

·
Registered
2004 DL1000
58 Posts
Have fun, looking forward to the pictures! I have some great memories of Sardegna, asked my wife to marry me there😁

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have fun, looking forward to the pictures! I have some great memories of Sardegna, asked my wife to marry me there
How nice! Ask mine in Goa, India

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the ferry, load masters will secure the bike with one rope against the wall.
Crossing will be very calme with expected significant wave under a 0.3 meter/ 1 foot height.
The ship being 214m/700 foot long. Should be OK

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We made it to Oristano.

We had a quick storm with some rain and lightnings. Strong wind gusts I had to fight for a good hour, trying to beat the rain moving in the same direction, until we changed direction.
Nice hôtel with securr underground motorbike park, that was a nice surprise.
All showered, ready for aperitivo.
Below some pics of the boat trip

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My vee did not sleep alone last night, nice underground parking.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2021 VStrom 650 XT
149 Posts
Cheese, Prosciutto, salami, and wine. Hmmmm....there must be bread and Olive oil there somewhere.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheese, Prosciutto, salami, and wine. Hmmmm....there must be bread and Olive oil there somewhere.
Can't remember the name of this white bread, flat like and thin like paper which was served with the plater.
Food in Italy is so great, there is still a taste for serving good things right, and for a fair price.
Going to an other place tonight, keep watching for the report

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Pane Carasau ?

·
Registered
2021 VStrom 650 XT
149 Posts
I live in southern California so I have the weather, and similar terrain. But food like that is rarely served (or correctly served). Luckily, I can easily buy the ingredients, sit outside my patio, and pretend I'm in Southern Italy.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It seems your french and italian will not help in Sardinia, how do you guys communicate ?
  • Italian
Cominciamo dai romani. In tutto l’impero la lingua ufficiale è il latino, ma è ufficiale per gli scritti come documenti, sentenze, ecc. Il popolo continua a parlare la lingua madre di origine e/o molto spesso una specie di latino molto influenzato dalla propria lingua madre. Tra il terzo e il quinto secolo d. C. con la decadenza dell’Impero romano, il parlato va sempre più differenziandosi dalla lingua ufficiale. Questa è l’origine delle lingue europee occidentali. Così in spagna si parla l’Ispano-latino, in Francia il Franco-latino, in Gran Bretagna l’Anglo-latino, ecc.
  • Sardinian (Logudorese)
Comintzamus dae sos romanos. In totu s’imperu sa limba officiale est su latinu, ma est officiale pro sos iscrittos comente documentos, sententzias, etc. Su populu sighit a faeddare sa limba madre de origine e/o boltas medas un’ispetzie de latinu influentziadu meda dae sa limba madre issòro. Intre su terzu e su quintu seculu d.C. cun sa decadentzia de s’Imperu romanu, su faeddu andat sempre piùs a si differentziare dae sa limba officiale. Custa est s’origine de sas limbas europeas occidentales. E gai in Hispagna si faeddat s’Hispanu-latinu, in Frantza su Francu-latinu, in Gran Bretagna s’Anglo-Latinu, etc.etc.

Reactions: Umbrianissimo
1 - 20 of 37 Posts