StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I am enjoying every minute of it so far. Learning a lot on it, I am pretty new to motorcycles, but I am picking it up fast it is a great bike to learn on.

There was another blue '07 that sold a week before I got mine in the SF area. Don't know who though, I am keeping my eyes peeled. I talked to Rice Suzuki when I was out there snowboarding in March, and they said that they don't get much interest in V Stroms but could get one. Legend in SF said that all of the sudden this year there have been a lot of people asking about them all of the sudden, and last year they sat on the same two with no interest! (could have been trying to push me into buying though.)

One of my dirt bike friends was riding on the Centenial Trail in the hills and was shocked to see somebody riding one on the trail, (maybe you?)

I am hoping to get out to the hills a few times this summer, maybe I will have to look you up and we could have our first annual SD club meeting :)

Later,
Nic

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Nic,

Sounds like you're off to a great start. I waited for a long time on Rice in Rapid and the shop in Sturgis, but I realized it wasn't going to happen. I found my 05 (only 900 miles) at a shop in St. Paul, MN. I'm very happy with it!

No, that wasn't me on the Centennial Trail. But do drop me a PM when you're headed to the Black Hills. I'll try to break loose and go riding with you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
carry-over silver 07 for me. bought it a few weeks ago down in sf.

i would like to get out to the hills on it this summer. If i do i'll try to pm you blade b4 i leave and get a phone # for ya.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blade,
What did you ride b4 the strom, just curious?

I sold a 02 kawi zr-7s via powerbrokers a few years ago and it ended up in the rapid area. Man that was a nice bike, no strom but a nice re-entry bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello sd riders

hello SD riders, I spent a few days riding in your area on my way home from Florida back in May.
wanted to spend more time looking around but the winds where kicking the snot out of me so I high tailed it over to Montana and spent some time in the rain instead

There is a thread over on the V-storm int site

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=119967987747

trying to see if there is any interest in a strom get together in your fair state next year.
mabey a local SD rider might have some ideas.\

hope the winds have died down by now.
by.

·
Registered
141 Posts
trails

Regarding trail riding in the Black Hills; what opportunities are there for a non plated dirt bike? In Michigan we are allowed to ride NF roads in the UP without a lp. Is that the same in BHNF? When I used to live in Spearfish I was not into dirt riding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Chiming in, have theBlade looking over my shoulder so thought I'd post in here.

the trails here....wow, love em.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SD but Spearfish

Hello,
I'm in Spearfish. 07 1000 Blue and red clay material that is not present after rain for the most part. I also have a place in Florida. And a 08 BMW R12RT. I am in SD from April or May to Oct. depending on if my wife is ... well she works in Florida. Met some ppls at the 09 Strom gathering in Rapid just this week. the bike currently has the tourance on it and not that tire(s) is not the best in mud. But I try sometimes. Up for a ride most anytime as I am currently retired at least until the money runs out.

Cliff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rapid City V-Strom

Hello! I bought my 2004 Vee in June from Rice Suzuki. Loving it so far, except for the seat, which is on it's way to Florida to get fixed....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts