StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my '18 DL650 OEM seat rebuilt at Russell (a beauty, in a few days I'll post a pic or two in the aftermarket seat thread), but I want to get another factory seat to take the summer abuse of outside parking at work.

Are there preferred online OEM parts suppliers I should look at? I like to buy local, and I will if the prices are not significantly better online, but... you know how that goes.

Anyway, are there any suggestions?

Does anyone have an unused '17 or '18 DL650 seat they want to part company with? (I haven't checked the usual used parts sources, Craigslist, etc.)

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I ended up buying a new seat from a Suzuki dealer that delivered it to Russell, as the shipping from Toronto would be half the price. As I recall it was about $220. Figure if I sell the bike in a few years, it will be in my interest to sell the Russell seat on it's own.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called a local dealer this afternoon and they wanted $290. BikeBandit.com wants $233.

Future sale, that has crossed my mind as well. I had a Russell on my previous Yamaha FJR, along with a Sargent. I sold the bike with the Sargent and sold the Russell separately for a good price.

Steve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts