StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its for paint ball guns.

Home > Tanks & Tank Acc. > Compressed Air - HPA > Guerrilla Air Paintball Tanks >

Guerrilla Air Compressed Air Tank W/ Myth Regulator 62/3000 - Black

Our Price: $57.95

Sale Price: $39.95

You Save $18.00

Availability: Usually Ships in 24 Hours

Product Code: YSNGUERRILLA623000TANK Qty:

Description Guerrilla Air Compressed Air Tank W/ Myth Regulator 62/3000. This tank is in stock and ready to ship! Features

The All-In-One Revolutionary Myth regulator and tank systems
High Pressure Air System That Screws Directly to Your Gun
3000psi Aluminum Cylinder with a Pre-set Output
Highest-Performance
Lowest-Profile
Lightest-Weight

·
Registered
875 Posts
Two essential accessories on every bike I own: a powerlet plug and an air compressor for motorcycles, that and a quick tire plug kit both fit under the strom seat. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, the solutions are already out there.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Two essential accessories on every bike I own: a powerlet plug and an air compressor for motorcycles, that and a quick tire plug kit both fit under the strom seat. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, the solutions are already out there.
this.. you can pick up a slime brand one that will fit under the seat (little larger and thicker than a pack of smokes) for 9.99

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Slime pump work for five minutes then it must be shut down because it overheats. In that time its adds 5 psi to the typical motorcycle tire. I am not impressed.

How many tires could you fill with air from a paintball can @ 3000psi?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The Slime pump work for five minutes then it must be shut down because it overheats. In that time its adds 5 psi to the typical motorcycle tire. I am not impressed.

How many tires could you fill with air from a paintball can @ 3000psi?
Can't vouch for or against the slime, but to not quite answer your question, it depends on the size of the tank.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
You must have gotten a bad one. My Slime pump works fine, as do thousands of others. I've pumped up several motorcycle and car tires with no issues or shutdowns.

Tanks of Co2 are expensive and very limited -- once you run out, you're stuck. With a compressor, you have an unlimited supply of air. Even if your tire plug has a slow leak, you can at least stop and top it up again as needed in order to limp back home.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must have gotten a bad one. My Slime pump works fine, as do thousands of others. I've pumped up several motorcycle and car tires with no issues or shutdowns.

Tanks of Co2 are expensive and very limited -- once you run out, you're stuck. With a compressor, you have an unlimited supply of air. Even if your tire plug has a slow leak, you can at least stop and top it up again as needed in order to limp back home.
Have you ever filled a tire with zero psi in it? The instructions say dont run the bikes engine. You aint filling an empty tire on the bikes battery.

I just wonder how much air is on one of those air tanks. If you could do two or three tires for $50 purchase price it would be great.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you'd provided a link, I coud look and see exactly what it is you're talking about. I assume this is a refillable tank and probably doesn't come pre-filled with air. Where would you get it refilled? Will it hold air indefinitely? How do you get it hooked up to an air hose chuck?

I've refilled seriously low car tires (after fixing a flat) with my 12V compressor without any great trouble. The instructions that came with it said to let it have a rest after something like 15 minutes of continuous running. And I have run the engine on the bike while using it at times - keeps the voltage up.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Have you ever filled a tire with zero psi in it? The instructions say dont run the bikes engine. You aint filling an empty tire on the bikes battery.

I just wonder how much air is on one of those air tanks. If you could do two or three tires for $50 purchase price it would be great.
Instructions, as all men know, are not rules.

:biggrinjester:

Works just fine if you run it off an idling bike, trust me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I use a Harbor Freight 12V air compressor that sells for $8.88. It is considerably faster than the Slime compressor that I keep on the other bike.

The downside, is that it is just large enough not under the seat ... barely. I keep it in my JC Whitney cheapo Tail Trunk on the back of the DL. It has worked flawlesly for over 3 years. It get's lots of use as I use it for my ZTR mower wheels, manure wagon tires, golf cart etc. So the the 1" to wide to fit under the seat has not proven worth it to me to get another slime or comparable portable mini compressor.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The inflator hose on my pump screws onto the valve stem. Don't buy this type. The unscrewing is usually good for a few PSI making inflating it a hit and miss thing.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you'd provided a link, I coud look and see exactly what it is you're talking about. I assume this is a refillable tank and probably doesn't come pre-filled with air. Where would you get it refilled? Will it hold air indefinitely? How do you get it hooked up to an air hose chuck?

I've refilled seriously low car tires (after fixing a flat) with my 12V compressor without any great trouble. The instructions that came with it said to let it have a rest after something like 15 minutes of continuous running. And I have run the engine on the bike while using it at times - keeps the voltage up.

Guerrilla Paintball Air Myth 48ci 3000psi HP Tank

I think they fill them at paintball stores. It prolly cheap enough. You would have to make an adapter for a hose and chuck.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Why not use CO2 cartridges - small and available with a kit to fill a tyre?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I play paintball and use an HPA exactly like this one. They are charged to 3000psi and the 47 Cubic inches would be more'n enough to fill a tire. However, you'd have no way to access the air inside the tank without an ASA adapter, a shut off and a proper step down regulator. High pressure fittings ain't cheap.

A tire needs tens of pounds of pressure, my paintball marker runs at around 200 psi. For the cost of the adaptor, you could purchase a decent compressor that would fit more easily on your bike and wouldn't need to be retested for pressure every five years.

Though once these tanks are filled, they do not lose pressure.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
you want air

buy a 12V compressor from Walmart - toss the housing, put it under your seat

find a way to hook it up to 12V (in the field) that works for you

I have one on each of my two bikes

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why not use CO2 cartridges - small and available with a kit to fill a tyre?
They work. But of all the options probably the least viable. It takes a lot of cartridges to fill a tire. You might be able to carry enough for two fillings. Might. ALso, with standard motorcycle tire valves it might be nearly impossible to get the adapter to fit on the stem. Actually complete fillings are probably not needed. As long as the bike moves so you can get to a filling station.

Around town I a carry a can of fix a flat and a plug kit. On the road I carry a slime pump, hybrid bicycle frame/floor pump, and the FAF and plug kit. Also I have 90 degree valve stems so I can use standard garage air pump chucks. A handy thing to have is a two foot lenth of hose with a tire valve stem on one end and a screwon fitting for a tire valve on the other. It is much easier to get whatever you are filling the tire with on to that then it is the tire valve alone.

Can somone do the math equivalent of 3000 psi in 46 cu ins and how that translates into an average motorcycle tire volumn at 35 psi?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts