StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in my break in period, currently 300+ miles. I'm curious if y'all have noticed some things such as - rattling of the Trax boxes. I hear some rattling from the left one. I took it in to get it adjusted/tightened. I can't get any motion by hand that would narrow down the exact contact point, by hand it seems that everything is snug. Also, when I put it in neutral during idle it sounds...different. Specifcally, there's a subtle but audible sound difference. Not quite a rattle, not quite a grind, just a different "unsmooth meshing" type sound. Any thoughts, feedback?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
86 Posts
The box sound is because of the mounting setup... or so I am told. I have the same noise and traced it back to there. I plan on getting some rubber pad in between.

I think the neutral noise you speak of is normal. My SV had it and so does my buddy's DL. So I hope its okay since my 12 DL650 has it too...lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
The box sound is because of the mounting setup... or so I am told. I have the same noise and traced it back to there. I plan on getting some rubber pad in between.

l
I don't think you need a rubber pad. I had a similar noise and adjusted the mounting bracket...no more noise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've noticed a few members who have mentioned experiencing a rattle with the stock luggage set up. What type of riding are you doing when you're hearing the rattle? I've been on some pretty rough roads with mine and have yet to hear a rattle, loaded or empty.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed a few members who have mentioned experiencing a rattle with the stock luggage set up. What type of riding are you doing when you're hearing the rattle? I've been on some pretty rough roads with mine and have yet to hear a rattle, loaded or empty.
Just plain ol' riding on the road. The boxes are empty for now. I understand that this might make it more prone to noise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have noticed some creaking when using the front brake and wondered if it has to do with the ABS?
I'd bet a six pack that front brake creaking does not have anything to do with ABS. I'd bet another six pack that there's people who know more about that than me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe it's the sound of those six packs you hear rattling in your luggage Lloyd. That is a sound I hear from time to time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your adventure model should have come with a sheet of clear sticky plastic pads/shims. These shims set under the lock cylinder lever to reduce the amount the latches can "jiggle".
This is not a latch to mount adjustment but a latch on the box adjustable feature. When I took the time to layer them up I was able to eliminate most rattles from the boxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts