StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for bad English, after a long Winter my v1000 2006 sudenly sometimes in IDLE a loud bang in carburators. Works like old motors with wrong ingnition timing. sync is ok. and valves is ok. Anywone who having an idea whats wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2airvent

For what use is the 2air valve . I have a noise that is like a valve opening and closing when i increase speed. Can the noise com from 2air valves?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Could be any number of things. Vacuum leak, intake valve poor sealing regardless if you say they are OK, lean backfire through throttle bodies, etc.
Not enough information to suggest a definitive repair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
al stroms has a clapering noice as a valve is opening and closing when you give trottle. What give this noice? Can the it be the sekundair valve on europin models that make the noice. If so can it be removed?

·
Super Moderator
5,177 Posts
Hard to even guess without being able to hear the noise. Can you record the noise with your phone and post it on Youtube or similar? And post or copy a link to it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard to even guess without being able to hear the noise. Can you record the noise with your phone and post it on Youtube or similar? And post or copy a link to it?
Can i demount the second air system? i think the systems only use is to give cleaner exhaust? I do think the noise come from the second air relebox.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
If there is something actually wrong, broken, or out of place why dont you try to locate the exact source of the noise and repair it instead of eliminating the secondary air system?
As posted above, no one can tell you what the noise is from long-distance.
So...questions:
1) Does the engine idle OK?
2) Is the noise rhythmic or intermittent?
3) Does it have an exhaust sound to it?
4) Do you smell exhaust from the engine area at idle?
5) Any exhaust leakage noted at the header pipes, loose bolts at the cylinder heads, leaking gaskets?
6) Did this noise appear suddenly or after some type of repair or maintenance work?
7) Do you understand the function and operation of the secondary air system?
We'll start with that.

·
Super Moderator
5,177 Posts
I would not be disconnecting anything or otherwise modifying the engine. The engineers used all of their knowledge and experience to build that engine. Sure, later models have improvements that make the engine even better, but the chances are that any mods you make will just make it run worse.

Read through these threads for the experiences of others.
https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000-2002-2012/423099-more-1000-rough-running-issues.html
https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000-2002-2012/30702-dl-1000-running-issues.html
les og vær forsiktig - svarene dine er her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts