StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Friends, while I've disconnected the tank from the Fuel-Supply-Line @ the Black & White connector many times before;,..... This time: a small orange-ring, a green o-ring & a red collar/spacer/sleeve thing/s all fell out ! !

In what order, SHOULD THEY B re-INSERTED ? :headbang:

My gut sense is: small orange ring, green o-ring then RED SLEEVE,...
Blk to Wht, w/ the Quick connector, clock-wise to snug,...

Maybe somebody w/ a Shop-Manual, could check & please, COMMENT,..

I super appreciate the CONSTRUCTIVE Support, this Form & it's Members provides,......

thanks, in advance. :hurray:

sidecooper07DL1k.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The other end of the fuel line has the same connector. Take it off and check.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Excellent advice, GW.

However, it sounds to me like something may have broken inside there, so make sure you have all the pieces and understand exactly what happened. Not a lot of room for error when you're dealing with a highly flammable fluid under high pressure four inches from your crotch... :yikes:

Worst case, it's only $40 for a new fuel hose, so don't do anything too silly. It comes as an assembly with both ends. (It's on the fuel pump fiche.)

A good temporary repair might be to replace the hose with a length of fuel injection rated fuel line from the auto parts store, clamp it into place on the fuel pump end (using fuel injection rated clamps), and carefully cut off and re-use the other quick-release fitting. Or just clamp it at both ends, for that matter. Just make sure you use hose and clamps rated for fuel injection.

If you research the external fuel filter mod, you'll see how to do this safely.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a fuel hose sitting which has seen essentially no use, (from my old 1000 wrecked at 245 miles), so because I have a pinkish, not orange o-ring, I'm assuming it's because it's not been in contact with gasoline much. (You say yours looks orange).

Anyway, I can tell you the o-ring orientation.... both ends of hose ... is the same. Pinkish, (orange) o-ring deepest in, green one in middle, and the red plastic ring is outer most.
The red ring essentially should keep the two o-rings in the hoses ends. It should not come out of the hose ends unless it's lost it's "fit". Chect the black plastic end of the hose, if it's cracked the red ring would become a loose fit. PM me if I can help.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts