StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Been lurking around here for a while and just finalized a deal today to get a new 2012 DL650 Explorer!!!
Pretty pumped about it too.:thumbup:
Did a trade involving my 08 Concours 1400, but likely won't see my VStrom until Feb.
Not new to biking but never owned a Strom before. All you guys can't be wrong though, so I figure it's a good choice.:hurray:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Congrats... but considering the climate where you live, yoúr new 2012 will be a garage queen until April anyway... Still, I am jealous though...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats... but considering the climate where you live, yoúr new 2012 will be a garage queen until April anyway... Still, I am jealous though...:mrgreen:
I'll bet it's not in the garage longer than a month, at most. In fact, if our spring is as good as our Fall's been...

Welcome to the club! Check out our local group as well. Dualsport.ca . Sometimes there's 25 of us, sometimes there's only 2; always a great ride, just the same. Check out yesterday's ride here: 2011-11-13 Mooseland Sheet Harbour - Nova Scotia Dual Sport Club [NSDSC] | SmugMug

Jeff

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll bet it's not in the garage longer than a month, at most. In fact, if our spring is as good as our Fall's been...
You're right couple of years ago we were able to go out at least once/month all winter long

Canadian FZ6, I see you had a Versys before your Strom. I had one of those too and loved it- the age old question- how would you compare them with each other? Considering the forum you can PM me if your opinion sways towards the Versys HaHa
:new_shitsmiley:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You're right couple of years ago we were able to go out at least once/month all winter long

Canadian FZ6, I see you had a Versys before your Strom. I had one of those too and loved it- the age old question- how would you compare them with each other? Considering the forum you can PM me if your opinion sways towards the Versys HaHa
:new_shitsmiley:
I loved everything about the Versys except for the "paint mixer" for an engine... Albeit punchy, the vibey and loud busy engine ruined the love affair for me... The v-strom is a way smoother and relaxed bike... and hands down has the better engine...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The v-strom is a way smoother and relaxed bike... and hands down has the better engine...
Good to know. And I agree, that Versys would vibrate everything to sleep. Girlfriend seemed to love it Tho- Hmmm.....:green_lol:

I loved that bike-took it around Labrador - RR here: SQUIDVENTURE Trans Labrador - ADVrider

I'm really looking forward to the Wee, seems like a great bunch on here too with all kinds of Wee specific knowledge.

And thanks Jeff, I've been on the dualsport.ca site checking things out too. Thanks for the welcome- might be able to cross paths in the future!!

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts