StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started looking for a new bike. I currently have two Honda Shadow Aces. Anyway, I have been looking at FJR, ZZR, VFR and so on. I am not totaly sold on the "Sport Touring" bikes, I really like the idea of being able to go out and just ride where ever and not care about the quality of roads. I am more on the adventurous side. So here are the questions. I know that I want to get a DL1000, I have a 30" inseam, is the bike going to be to tall? If so, what do I do about the height of the bike without moding the suspention? I am going to be doing Two up with the wife and I don't want to adjust the suspention. The second Question is, I need to know if this is a fair asking price for this bike. Please let me know what you think.

Suzuki V-Strom DL 1000, 14,700 miles, excellent condition, one owner, set up for touring, Givi hard bags, Suzuki center stand, engine guards, I have the complete maintenance history.

700 miles on new tires, new chain and sprockets, full service.

$5600 or make me a reasonable offer.

I a going to go and check it out in a couple of days, but I want to have all the information I need beforhand. Thanks for your time and in the future I will serch for answers befor I post. :cool:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sounds like a great price, with those extra's what year? at 15,000 the valve adjustment should have been done too. These are great bikes, I traded a Suzuki LC1500 on mine, love being able to go on logging and fire roads around here, and the range with the bigger tank. I did a 3100 mile vacation in western US on mine last summer, great all around bikes. You'll have to sit on one, and see if you're comfortable, I'm 6'1" +, and can flat foot both feet at a stop.

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Being able to flat foot a bike isn't necessary, I can get the ball of my foot on the ground with both my bikes........plenty of control. Allot of people are too short to own a Strom in my opinion, but that still doesn't stop them.

That sounds like a sweet deal on that 1000....what year is it?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i have a 30" inseam. i'm 250 lbs. one footed i'm on the ball of my foot without sliding off the seat. both feet i'm pretty mutch on my toes. i feel perfectly comfortable at stops. the 650 seat is lower and narrower in the front and does make it easier to reach the ground. it is a direct replacement and can be had for less than a c-note.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have about a 30" inseam with big fatty legs. I guess I was OK before I lowered the bike, but I went ahead and put 1" lowering links on it anyway. I don't take it off road that much though. I do have the lower seat, which helps.

With my .... um.... fluffy wife on the back I'm closer to flat-footing it. That does cut down on the clearance, but hasn't caused any problems so far.

I've dumped it parking lots a couple of times, only because I let myself get in a situation where the bike started leaning, and I couldn't get a leg out far enough before it was past the point of no return.

That sounds like a reasonable (if not really good) deal for that bike. The Givi bags and racks are a pretty expensive addition. Find out if the valve check has been done though. Might want to ask a dealer what that costs (if you're not up to it) and take that price into account.

Early last year I gave $6500 for a 2005 with 12,000 miles, Givi bags, and fresh rubber. I thought it was a decent deal.

If, by some chance, it's a 2002-2003 you might ask if the clutch basket has been fixed.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry all, The bike is a 2005

1 - 6 of 6 Posts